Chapter 2

Khru Leurit has been the esteemed practitioner of the mystic arts within the Tiger Clan, since Suea Phal's father era, until currently, Suea Phal in his middle age. Through his participation in numerous pivotal events, encompassing triumphs and setbacks alike, Khru Leurit has garnered the reverence of the villagers, who hold him in such high regard that they deem him a prophet. Even Suea Phal bows his head to him.

Therefore, the activities of the two young tigers must be scrutinized by him as well.

After meticulous calculations involving the auspicious alignment of the day, month, year, and the hour of birth, Kru Leurit determined it was time to summon Chanpha for their initial encounter. Despite having barely recovered from his injuries for a mere five days, the young man made his way to the teak house at the furthest edge of Chum Suea.

In that moment, as per the decree of Khru Luerit, the-servants consecrated by a magic and stationed vigilantly at the house's entrance, clear the way for the arrival of a newcomer with a tall and white skin, make his appearance set him apart from the others. He walked easily under the shade of the house's eaves.

The sound of feet hitting the steps in front of the house entered the teacher's ears. Suddenly, the concentration that had divided the three-eyed guard and searched for the fate of the person who came, was suddenly drawn into a place unseen. His rough body trembled as if he were being dragged and pulled by invisible hands.

The scenery around him gradually became clearer, revealing an expansive darkness. But the scene in front of him turned chaotic.

A large striped tiger roared loudly. His power spread throughout the area until tKhu Leurit felt trembling. The bright emeralds gleam in its eyes hinted at ancient wisdom. When he opened his mouth, he revealed long, sharp fangs that could pierce flesh and bone. And as its growls subsided, the young man's shouts followed. When he looked closely, the teacher discovered that there was a person under the tiger's body.

Chanpha in the vision is looking for a way to break free from bondage, chanting the mantra that he could barely recall. Before the incantation could take effect, the tiger leaned forward towards him, grabbed the rope around Chanpha's neck with his mouth and pulled it until it was torn.

Chanpha was shocked and gasped. His eyes widened in panic. His magic is fading and part of it is turning back against him. Slowly, he stepped out of the dense darkness. From this angle, it was unclear what condition Chanpha's face had changed into, but his hands that were clawing at the tiger's front legs, had long black claws growing out.

Khru Leurit furrowed his brows, realizing this was not a good omen. The tiger raised its head and roared loudly. The soul apparitions of the supernatural, flew away in different directions. Khru Leurit's own psyche seemed to be pushed back as well, as everything in his image faded. The teacher was just in time to see Chanpha's palm that had fallen to the ground and slowly reverted to its original human form.

The soul returns to the body, focusing entirely on the rhythm of breathing, sensing every nerve and rough surface of the skin. Eyelids with the wrinkles of time, slowly opened. The young man's figure bowing down was the first thing that the eye saw. The Takrud rope, invoking a protected barrier around the body, has been worn ever since he became a disciple, making him unable to help but feel apprehensive.

It's having misfortune. But it is a misfortune that does not lead to death.

Khru Leurit sighs. Some things are human karma. Even though he was allowed to know, he could not change it at all. If he wants to lighten the burden to help, there will still need to be a significant exchange. "Your fate is not smooth. Please think carefully about whatever you do."

Chanpha put his hands together and raised his head to listen to the warning. His eyes were round and bright, like the eyes of a wild deer which he had inherited from his mother, making his Khru Leurit even more worried.

Ai Chan is a very talented student. Even though he is still far from the elder Traimas in his quarters, but only at twenty-two years of age, his progress was considered remarkably rapid. But since his character is more like a deer than a tiger, coupled with having a mother from the capital, people in the village were reluctant to hold his tail. Even though there were no external enemies, the villagers did not wish it well, even if it won the battle outside the country. The internal power struggle is feared as being unable to resist.

If a tiger is seen as an enemy and a friend at the same time, Chanpa will encounter more dangers outside the village. "I have heard that Suea Khom was born on the auspicious time of killing. Therefore, any act of his horoscope will be strong. You and your brother are still inferior. But it doesn't mean that there is no way to win. Choose the method that you think is going to be compared to Suea Knom."

Indeed, The horoscope of Traimas, when faced with one who was born at the auspicious time of killing, is weaker and much worse than Chanpa, to the point of he might me die. Therefore, in order to cut off this chances, Khru Leurit saw that there was a way to send Chan ahead as the only option because he's not easy to die any time soon. Even if he is under the hands of Suea Khom, there's no way for him to die. But if Traimas was sent first and he dies for real, the way of Suea Phal's clan might finally come to an end.

Khru Leurit picked up a fang rope that was tied to a small box on the altar. He raises his hand, calling Chanpa to kneel before him. Then, he puts the fang rope over Chanpa's head, chants the mantras, before putting the box in his hand and giving it to him, "The mighty Boonkum... From now on, Chanpa is your master and you're his servant. Protect him, guard his body. Be strong and fearless armor against danger for your master."

Chanpha's eyes widened in surprise.

'Father Boonkum...'

Before Chanpha could ask anything, the teacher raised his hand to stop him. "Don't ask any questions. Please take good care of what's inside the box. Don't let anyone know, even those within. If something happens in the future, he will protect you and keep you safe."

Chanpha raised his hands in worship above his head. He opened the leaf-shaped box to find a long, sharp tiger fang that had been made into an amulet necklace. According to legend, this tiger belonged to a sacred animal of the Suea Khom clan. If Khru Leurit was willing to give it upon him, it means that he is being entrusted to own a very important item.

This is like a competition between two people and fighting against their inevitable fate. Therefore, Khru Leurit cannot give as much advice as in normal times. Everything he knew has been passed on to his student, hoping that Chanpa would use it wisely to navigate his path.