Chapter 3

The master set the auspicious date for the ceremony to be three days later.

After saying goodbye to the teachers, his father, and paying respect to his mother's bones on the altar, before leaving with his three henchmen, Chan Pha went into the forest to find orchids to make a flower bouquet. He tore a banana leaf and carefully folded it into a cone, intending to deliver the bouquet to Ram at her house. He kept smiling all the way after smelling its fragrance.

It was just early evening and Ram was cooking as usual with her close friend Lao. When Chan Pha walked closer to the kitchen, the sound of a woman's conversation floated into her ears and one sentence made him stop in his tracks.

"Today, Chanpha is going to defeat SueaKom. Don't you go and give him some encouragement?"

"I don't dare."

"Why? Are you concerned about Phi Mas?"

"Um, my heart leans more toward Phi Mas. I want to marry him."

"Why? I think Phi Chan looks much better than Phi Mas in every way. He's more handsome, kinder, and not a playboy. The only thing is he's not the eldest son of Suea Phal."

"That's right. Phi Chan is a city boy. Everyone in the tiger clan supports Phi Mas because Phi Chan's gentle nature is not suited to be a leader. If I choose him and if he has a conflict with Phi Mas, in the future, I'm afraid that my father and I will face difficulties. Phi Mas is the eldest son. There are many people who support him and I like him. Marrying him would be more secure for me."

"Then why didn't you decide from the beginning and let them fight each other?"

"I don't dare. Phi Chan is very kind to me. I pity him."

"Then what if Phi Chan wins? What will you do?"

"He even nearly lost many times fighting with Phi Mas and how do you think he will go and fight with Suea khom? There's no way Phi Chan will win."

Chanpha clenched the flowers in his hand until they were crushed, without realizing it. All the time Ram had been with him, she had never shown any signs of rejection. In reality, it was all just pity. In her eyes, he was nothing compared to Trimast.

Tears fell from the young man's eyes. He threw the flowers in his hand, wiped his tears hastily, and turned away, with his soul running out.

Today, Chanpha thought that he didn't need to win anymore. He didn't even know what he was doing right now and for whom he was doing it. If it was to make others respect him and say that he should be the leader of the tiger community after his father, then there was never such a thing in his mind.

But no matter what, he had to finish what he had done. At least if he lost, the woman he wanted would end up with someone she liked. If he won, he might get a reward from his father, but he would not take Ram as his wife. Perhaps, she would regret it when that day came.

"On the night of the executioner, I will sneak in to aim my head, draw my dagger, and slit Kom's neck!"

They use horses in this plan. The borders of the tiger clan were connected from both sides, so it didn't take long to reach the stream separating the border just in time for the sun to set.

Chan Pha tied the horses up by the river and left one of his men to look after them so that when it was time to escape, they would be able to do so in time. As for him and the other two people, they sneaked in quietly onto a small, clear path, stepping into the territory of the Suea Khom.

After the death of Suea's father, Chanpha, who was born in the next generation, did not witness the significant events that occurred before. However, he was briefly told that during the era of the Suea Khom, this tiger clan had indeed become more peaceful. But at the same time, who would have known that the atmosphere inside was filled with the presence of dark energy?