Chapter 4: The Game part 1

Faye's POV:

We went outside the locker room and started to do some warm up shots.

"Is that the body and form of someone who didn't play for the last two years?" Lux teased.

"I said, I never played, doesn't mean I didn't work out. You'll see the difference later " I replied.

"You're too negative Faye, also, those kids are just hatchlings. They might be good in playing and have vitality but we have tons of experience." Ice said while shooting.

"You'll never know if there is a rising star in the new batch. Remember during our time, how the alumni look down on us? Too bad for them, they didn't know that we a 'Faye' in the team." Freen said

"Yeah, they never came back after that. Sore losers." Lux remembered.

"I just got lucky then." I said in all honesty. "So how are we going to do this? Same as old times? Ice, you're playing point guard, Freen will be your shooting guard, Engfa will be the small forward, I'll play power forward and Lux will be the center." I ask the team.

"You're not playing as Center?" Lux ask in confusion.

"I am not that confident with my situation. We can switch later on if you like." I confirmed.

"Don't forget the 1-2-2 as defense play." Ice reminded and everyone agreed.

=====================================

Yoko's POV

"Let's huddle girls!" Coach Nong said.

We gathered in circle and listen to our coach for our play. Everyone's tensed a bit but excited as well. The mood is a lot different from our usual practices.

"Treat this practice game like a real one. The other team will go all out. We have been practicing for a few months already, let me see your improvements and win this one. I will choose who'll play first five. Hmmmm." Coach Nong said seriously looking at everyone searching.

"Won't Milky and Charlotte play today? We would need someone tall." I whispered to Marissa.

"I think Milky's ankle injury is not yet healed. Though, she should be here to watch atleast." Marissa pondered.

"Maybe they are late? Charlotte is not yet here as well. They're from the same class right?" Rebecca said.

"We are missing some players, Marissa you're our point guard, then Rebecca will be the shooting guard, Yoko you'll be the small forward, Noom will be the power forward and.." Coach Nong said.

"We're here! I am sorry we're late, I had to assist Milky on the way here." Charlotte apologizes to Coach Nong.

"Go and warm up first. You'll play later. As for Milky, just watch and don't push that ankle of yours. Bam, come here play as center" Coach said.

The five of us stepped forward and the rest sit down.

"This will be just a practice game. 15 mins per set. Our initial defense will be 3-2. Ensure to pass the ball around to the free person then shoot. Once someone shoots, don't forget to box out." Coach Nong instructed us.

We went to the court and started to do warm up drills. We also looked at the other team's practice and checked out their shootings. However, my eyes were fixated to one person. I don't know how to explain what am I feeling or doing, but I was.. just.. drawn.
Like I was being forced to memorized every movement she's doing. Every jump, every run, every shot, even how the muscles in her legs moves whenever she doing something. I was mesmerized.