Chapter 15: Before the eliminations

Yoko's POV

We are walking back to the gymnasium as we need to watch the remaining game and Folk is insisting us to meet his sister. I saw him running inside and looking for someone in the court. I notice that he called someone in the Notre Dame basketball team. I saw her smile at Folk, and thought that she might be his sister. When she walks towards us, I felt Faye's hand gripped my hand. I looked at her and she looked like she has seen a ghost. She was petrified, I was about to ask her what's wrong when Folk said, "Guys, this is my sister, Ploy".

Then I heard his sister said, "Faye.."

Folk and I are a bit surprised that his sister know Faye. I just looked at her and then to Faye and then it hit me. Her name is "Ploy", and Faye's ex-girlfriend is also named "Ploy" which means this is her, the person who broke Faye before. I the need to protect Faye, I hold her hand gently and massage it using my thumb. I can feel that her gripped loosen a bit and she started to relax and look at me.

I can see the panic in her eyes, as if she was caught doing something wrong, but I smiled at her, re-assuring her that everything is fine. I looked at Ploy and extend my free hand, "Nice to meet you, I'm Yoko, Folk's childhood friend. And this is Faye, my girlfriend." I said giving intensity to the word "Girlfriend" so that she would know, that Faye is mine.

"Oh, nice to meet you, I am Ploy, Folk's sister."  She said with fake smile and accepted my hand we both hold the shake and look at each other.

"Uh, your game will start in a few right sis? We'll not disturb you anymore and I think, Yoko and Faye need to go back to their team as well." Folk broke the tension that was building. For sure he will ask me later what is that for.

"Oh, I noticed from your uniform that you're from St. James? Too bad, we're not on the dame bracket. Hopefully, you can reach the semis or final" Ploy taunt.

"Oh, rest assured that our team will make it" I smiled.
"We'll get going Folk, nice seeing you here. Chat you later" I added.

"Sure, see you later Yoks and Faye" Folk said

"Bye!" I said and pulled Faye away from them.

When we are out of sight, I stopped and hugged Faye.

"Hey.. are you alright?" I said.

"I-I'm sorry. I-uh-I just, I am shocked. It's been almost 3 years. Not that I am not ready or I still feel something, but I just, I remember the hurt and anger. I am sorry. I should not be like this...Please, don't think that I still like her, cause I don't. Please don't-" I cut her off.

"Shhh.. I know, don't worry. What you're feeling is valid. I understand. I am just here. Don't overthink." I said and kissed her forehead.

"Let's go back to the team. For sure they are looking for us already." I said.

"Yes. Thanks love." she smiled weakly.

We returned to our seats with the team. The previous game was already done and the 2nd game has just started. I saw her friends looked at us with worried faces. For sure they notice who the assistant coach of Notre Dame is. Faye seated next to Coach Nong, I can see that she's still in a bit of shock but she maintained her professional demeanor. They are both serious in talking about strategies and how they can counter each play that Notre Dame are doing.

We all sat in silence as we watch the game. Notre Dame overwhelms Angelicum all throughout. It was like a one-sided massacre, Notre Dame team develop into a far better team than the previous years. We all feel the pressure and the slap of reality that they are unbeatable.

When the game ended, Coach Nong told us to packed up, and we'll all go back to the school and we need to have a meeting. We are kind of expecting that we won't go home straight after what we witness. For sure there will be additional trainings that we will do for preparations. We all stand up and went to our school coaster. Faye's friends just followed us to the school as well.