Chapter 16.2: Disaster or Blessing

As she entered the study, she saw two figures wearing cloaks in front of her: one with her father and another sitting on one of the throne room chairs. The room was dimly lit and she was not able to make out who they were.

As she got closer, the blurriness disappeared and what appeared shocked her. She saw Darven! He was sitting right in front of her sipping his beverage, appearing as handsome as ever with his signature cloak and domineering presence making a chill run down Aria's back.

She turned and straightened herself before greeting her father and the fire lord.

"Good evening, Your Majesties," she said addressing both the lords and then turned to Darven and acknowledged him, "your highness"

"Good evening, Princess," Darven replied with a nod before sitting back on his seat.

"Good evening daughter," said the fire lord warmly. "Please take a seat."

Aria straightened herself again and walked to her seat. The sun had already went for rest letting the stars to play. They were in her father's study. The books lined all the walls there was only the lamp burning on both the corners of the room and in the middle chairs were placed. Sitting straight in front of her was Darven still staring at her making Aria squeeze under his stare.

A few minutes passed by and the wind continued to play with the curtains while four figures sat by in silence each with their own thoughts

Then the Fire king broke the silence: "We have enjoyed peace in our world for many years now. It is my deepest wish that this peace continues for generations to come."

"You are right fire king," replied the spirit king thoughtfully. "We all hope for peace and pray for it every day. But surely you did not summon us here at this late hour just to say this? There must be something else on your mind."

The Fire king sighed before lifting up his cup: "We may not have always been friends but we have lived peacefully alongside each other for many years now as trusting neighbors. And now..." There was a pause as he sighed again.

"What happened Fire lord please tell us we are with you in every situation " assured the spirit king flowing in his emotions but soon regretted it seeing the fire lord puzzled and then continued " I mean you look troubled did something bad happened". Fire king nodded and continued the his story with spirit royals playing on.

But the spirit king's response did not escape someone's eyes.

"So this is what all happed, in this tough situation we would be glad to receive your help " told the fire lord about the incident that happened in there border down.

"We are happy to be worthy to help the world in this situation. Please rest assured we will surely help you." Emphasized the spirit lord.

As the fire lord cleared his throat, the room fell silent. Everyone's eyes were fixed on him, waiting for him to speak. Aria could feel her heart pounding in her chest, her palms slick with sweat. She had no idea what was coming, but she knew it couldn't be good.