Chapter 1: A Troubling Invite

Chapter 1 (Part 1 - Aria's POV): Spirit Kingdom Palace

I am ARIA, the crown princess of the Spirit Kingdom—one of the powerful realms in the world of Eldoria.

Eldoria is a world full of magic, where things may not be as they appear, so be careful! The person smiling and talking with you might point a dagger at you the next moment.

There are five kingdoms in this magical land: Spirit, Fire, Wind, Water, and Earth. Among them, Spirit and Fire hold the greatest power in the present day. But let's focus on something more critical: today, I turn eighteen, marking the compulsory age to attend the Five Kingdom Summit held every year. Although royals and nobles start attending this summit at sixteen, I've managed to delay it until now. The vast balcony where I stand overlooks a breathtaking garden. The clear sky plays with my hair, turning my face rosy, yet it can't pull me out of my thoughts—annoying.

The upcoming summit between the five kingdoms of Eldoria is a rare event, one that could have far-reaching consequences for every kingdom. Huh... what to do?

"Your Highness," interrupts a voice.

WHAT....THE...HELL!!

Who dares disturb me? I turn to face the intruder. "Oh, Manar, what is it?" I say aloud, grateful he can't hear my inner voice.

"The invitation for the summit has arrived," he announces, handing me a scroll.

"Thank you; you can leave," I reply, beginning to open the scroll. But he hesitates. "There is something else," he adds.

Location: Darven's Room in Fire Kingdom Palace

"So here's their invitation—looking for trouble, aren't they?" Darven snaps as he bangs the table with one hand.

"Yes, Your Highness," Leo continues, "the Earth Kingdom seems to be... well, quite different. The scroll they chose, the special ink, and the extravagance—it's simply not in tune with their usual selves. After the investigation of the case we were investigating, I find this invitation even more strange."

"So, what had really happened?" Darven asks.

"Your Highness, the news that we received from our border town is about a monster. However, it's not actually a monster; it's a normal human."

"A human, that strong?"

"No, Your Highness. He was a human but turned into a monster. His name is Dalmir, and he used to be a farmer. About a month ago, he crossed the boundary and went to the Earth Kingdom to gather some fruits for his family, as they didn't have anything to eat. But then he disappeared without a trace. Even after a week-long search by the villagers and his family, no trace of him was discovered. However, the day before the incident, he miraculously returned. He acted as if he had been gone for only a few hours, hugged and laughed. Strangely, he had no memory of his one month of disappearance. Since the family was happy about his return, they didn't concern themselves with this and took him in."

"He just returned like that? Strange, isn't it?"

"Yes, that day went smoothly, as described by the villagers. Dalmir was his usual self—happy, playing with his children, and doing work. But during that night, when his wife got up due to noises in the house, she found that her husband was the source of it. He was throwing things and rummaging through everything. Suddenly, he ran outside the house and stood in the center of the open area under the moon. All his movements stopped abruptly. Seeing this, his wife approached him, but he suddenly bent down. As he rose, it was no longer her husband but a monster. His limbs extended like tree branches, and he held her by the neck, choking her. If the villagers hadn't distracted him, he would have killed her. They had to kill him when the border guards arrived, hearing all the noises and screams."