Chapter 7

•Taraji's POV•
(4 days later)

The day that I dreaded the most was finally here

The day that I dreaded the most was finally here. Halloween. Regina and I were getting our makeup done in preparation for Tyrese's party. There wasn't a single ounce of excitement in me. I was only going because I promised Regina I would.

Although, it was the perfect opportunity to get out into the real world some. I had been in the house for the past four days, lacking enthusiasm for life in general. It was hard for me to distinguish my emotions. I didn't know if I was depressed, angry, or both.

Truthfully, I was disappointed. Disappointed in myself for being so open and vulnerable to only get abandoned in the end. The way Fantasia had walked out on me made me question myself. It made me think that I wasn't worthy to be loved. At least not by her.

I felt like she had used me. Toying with my heart, feeding off of the fact that she knew I wanted her. She pulled my strings that night at the club like a puppeteer. Using alcohol as an excuse to get what she wanted from me. After she was done, she discarded me. Left me with no explanation or closure.

The worst part about it is that she tried to use her husband as the reason for her leaving. If the sake of her marriage was the reason she left, then why did she lean in first? She tried to kiss me.

Bottom line, I had to accept the fact that she went home to Kendall. After all, she is his wife. I may be a lot of things, but a home wrecker isn't one of them. I didn't want to see her, talk to her, let alone hear her name ever again.

The makeup artist was putting the finishing touches on my face. Regina had gotten dressed into her costume as she shouted from the other room. "Baybee, I look damn good! Them bitches at that party not gon' have shit on me."

(Regina's Costume)👇🏾

"Hurry up and get dressed Raj

"Hurry up and get dressed Raj. I wanna get there early so all the fine niggas can see me first. They gon' be like bees buzzing around for my honey." I snickered at her comment. I knew I could always count on her to make me laugh. Getting up from the chair I went into the room to get dressed.

"What did you say you were going as again?" She asked as I slipped in my custom fangs teeth grill. "A vampire. But not just any vampire, a glamorous one."

I figured this would be the safest choice for a costume

I figured this would be the safest choice for a costume. The grill was the perfect disguise to hide my own secret feature. If my being started to change, no one would be able to tell. I made sure to take some big sunglasses so that my eyes wouldn't relay my truth either. I hoped that nothing would occur to make me change in the first place, but I could never be too sure.

"Alright I'm ready." I grabbed my keys as me and Regina headed out the door. "Okayy Ms. Vamp! If I wasn't strictly dickly, I'd let you bite me."

"Girl, shut your crazy ass up and c'mon." We left my house at 5:57pm. Stepping outside for the first time in days felt liberating. The cool evening breeze gave me the feeling of freedom. Maybe going to this party would be good after all. With everything that had happened with Fantasia, I was desperate for any type of mental escape.

Hopefully this party will take my mind off of her.
_____________________________________________

Thank yall for 500+ reads ! I didn't expect to reach this many ppl🥹 I luv y'all fr.

Sorry if this chapter isn't long enough or isn't so good, I was rushing to get this out before bed. I got y'all next chapter tho🖤

💋💋💋💋💋