Chapter 29

"**" indicates a flashback.
_____________________________________________

•Kendall's POV•

I sat quietly in the passenger seat as Fantasia drove us to the address that I entered into the GPS

I sat quietly in the passenger seat as Fantasia drove us to the address that I entered into the GPS. No further words were exchanged between us for the rest of the hour and a half car ride, and that was just what I preferred. The sound of her whining voice was the last thing I wanted to hear right now.

We finally made it to our destination as she pulled into the driveway of my second modern luxury home.

I bought this house a while back, about two years into our marriage

I bought this house a while back, about two years into our marriage. After an altercation we had that ended with me blacking her eye and busting her lip, I needed a place I could go in times when I needed to cool off. So I made it out of my own personal man cave/safe haven.

I made sure to get a house that was far off, somewhere miles and miles away from our original home where I knew she couldn't find me. I bugged the whole place with cameras for my own safety and peace of mind. This was the only house on this mountain, so it was perfect for supplying me with the isolation that I needed.

Fantasia put the car in park as she looked around with a confused look on her face. "What are we doing here, Ken?" She asked. "Whose house is this?"

"Mine." I responded. "This is where we're gonna be staying. You wanted a getaway right? Well, here it is. Don't you like it?"

"Yes I- I love it. It's just... you never said anything about you having a second house."

"Are you trying to question me right now?" I asked with emphasis in my voice.

"No, n- not at all baby." She stuttered.

"Good. Now, get these damn bags so we can go in the house." I demanded. She got out the car and opened the back door to retrieve a suitcase and my belongings from the hospital.