Chapter 30

•Fantasia's POV•

It's been four nights of staying in this house with Kendall and I feel miserable

It's been four nights of staying in this house with Kendall and I feel miserable. I was sitting outside on the back porch watching the sun set. As beautiful as the view was, it wasn't enough to lift my spirits. I hate it here and I can't keep going on like this. I twiddled my thumbs and tried to wrap my head around this whole situation. Kendall was upstairs locked away in his room, so I used this time to just sit in silence with my thoughts.

I've been playing my part as the submissive wife, obeying every command he has to give me. I try so hard to stay on his good side and not push his buttons to prevent conflict between us. My efforts never work, and he always finds something to create a problem about. The truth of the matter is that I'm tired. I fell right into his trap again so easily. He's instilled so much fear in me and I don't know how to rid myself of it.

After the second night of staying here, I was at my wits end. I got tired of feeling like a prisoner, so I took my chances on trying to leave. I had my suitcase in hand and was on my way out the front door. I took one step and suddenly felt him grab my neck from behind and slam me onto the hardwood floor. The impact caused my nose to bleed, but thankfully I didn't suffer any serious injuries. He threatened that if I ever tried to leave again, the next time he wouldn't be so nice.

I've also witnessed some very disturbing things about Kendall since we've been here. Things that made me question his identity. It's like he's been purposely inflicting pain on himself almost as if he enjoys it. He'd be in the shower for hours at a time, so long that his skin would have blisters from the scorching hot water. I would hear scratching noises coming from upstairs at 4 in the morning while I tried to sleep. He won't eat anything other than steak. I cook it whenever he asks me to, but he still says it's not enough for him and doesn't fulfill his needy appetite. He was showing all the signs that led me to believe that he was nowhere near a normal human being. Then I realized that he didn't start this type of behavior until... after his blood transfusion.

The most disturbing event confirmed my suspicions the other day when I got up in the middle of the night to get some water. Coming out of my bedroom, I saw a dim light coming from the kitchen. Automatically, I knew it was Kendall and I assumed he was getting him a glass of water as well. I slowly peeked around the corner and saw that the refrigerator was wide open and Kendall was standing in front of it with something in his hand. I rubbed my eyes in an attempt to clear my vision as I looked closely and saw him eating a piece of raw meat.

A mixture of fear, disbelief, and disgust instantly filled me to the brim. My stomach turned as I hid behind the wall and watched him repeatedly sink his teeth into the bloody meat. The red juices trickled down the sides of his mouth as he devoured the entire piece like a wild animal. I quickly ran back to my room and locked the door before getting back into my bed.