LOVE

Dear Jeon.

My love. How are you? I know you are okay. I got your letter last night. I was so, so happy...yet I cried myself to sleep. Your handwriting was enough to make me so ecstatic.
That is how much I have missed you, my hero.

The skies are gray today. Life at the camps is hard. We got grouped just last week. I was so emotional that I forgot to tell you about my roommates.

Jimin, park Jimin.
He is an omega, just like me. He is so funny and adorable. But you can also see the sadness in his eyes. His Alpha was also forced into war. His name is Taehyung, if I can recall correctly.

Jung Hoseok.

He is a Beta.
He always stays positive, even though I hear him crying every night as we lay down to sleep. His brother called Namjoon is also fighting at the borders, along with you. He has been given a role as one of the counsellors in the camp. He always tries to cheer us up.

And we always try to show him how happy we are.

But that's not true.

I don't know how long this war will go on. People die everyday. The doctors around are so few. We have to watch as young babies cry to their deaths. It hurts, my love. It hurts so bad. And our Alphas not being here makes it all the worse.

The soldiers around are not treating us any better. They are so intimidating. They demean us, saying that we are weak and pathetic. That we are a burden to this nation. This past week, one of the soldiers assaulted one of the omegas. We couldn't do anything. She tried to scream for help but no one helped her. She wasn't mated but it was still a very disrespectful thing to do.
This put all of us in a state of fear.

Isn't it funny? Just the other day you and I were walking in the park, hand in hand, talking about our future together. We had so much hopes, and so many things we wanted to do. So please, come back.

I don't know if I can bear the thought of never seeing you again. Your scent lingers in my nose every second I breathe. I feel you even though you are not here. I was never a prayerful person. But these days, I go on my knees and weep for your life. For you to be safe, and come back home...to me.

You said you wanted many pups...right? I will grant your wish. All you have to do is to be strong. For us. I know it's hard...but I know you, Jeon. You are the strongest person I know. You can make it. You  just have to close your eyes, and imagine me next to you...and soon, I'll be there, in your arms. And you will hold me close, so close just like you always did. You will kiss my head multiple times as I listen to the beating of your heart...a sign that you are alive, and here with me.

You will sing me songs, because you have the most angelic voice I have ever heard. And we will dance under the moonlight, outside our simple home...just us two. I will stay strong for the two of us. I am your strong omega. Don't stress out too much. I am trying as much as possible to survive. I hope you get enough sleep. Though I am aware how hard it is when you are at the frontline during war.

I have to stop writing now. It's almost time for the mails to be collected. I feel like it takes too long for the mails to reach. One whole week to hear from you is too long. I wish we were allowed to use our phones. Hearing your voice would be more satisfying.
However, I'm so happy you are alive, my love. I have faith that you will come home. This war will be over soon, I know it. I always stare at your pictures. They remind me how much of a handsome man you are.

I have to go now. There is so much I have to tell you, but i will write to you next week.

I love you, my love. To the moon and beyond.

Yours loving.

Yoongi.

**********************

" Alright you needy omegas. We've got work to do! Bring those sappy love letters and go to your respective tents!" One annoying soldier shout in the tent where educated omegas and betas are writing the letters to their loved ones.

Yoongi wipes his tears and places a longing kiss on the letter. He stands up and queues behind Jimin who also seems like he was crying.
As is the state of most omegas at that time. Yoongi looks at Jimin, feeling so sorry for him. He was too young to be separated from his mate.

" It's okay." Yoongi hugs him after they walk outside the tent. Hoseok pats Jimin's head who only sobs more.
Yoongi finds himself tearing up as well. They try to be strong everyday but it only gets harder and harder. It is so suffocating.

" Everything will be okay." Yoongi whispers once again, trying to convince himself more than Jimin.

************************************

I swear my intentions is not to make you cry.
This idea came from nowhere...literally.

But...I hope you enjoyed it.