CHAPTER FOUR

staying with eddie wasn't as bad as june thought, and after eddie explained to wayne why june spent the night at the munson trailer, wayne really didn't mind having june around after he saw june cleaned up after himself, he did the dishes, and he offered to do laundry quite a bit. wayne even joked about how june was a better nephew than eddie, which made eddie roll his eyes and throw one of wayne's hats at him.

it was the morning after june showed up to the munson trailer. he woke up early to make him and eddie breakfast, making sure to make extra for wayne for when he got off work.

june made some eggs and toast, topping it off with a poptart for both of the boys. he would've made pancakes or french toast, but he was feeling a bit lazy this morning. he washed the pan he used for eggs before going back to him and eddie's room. he placed eddie's plate on his nightstand before sitting down in the bed. he gently prodded eddie's ass with his foot.

"eds, get up," he said softly. eddie merely groaned and june rolled his eyes. this time he jammed his foot into eddie's ass, shoving the older boy off the bed. eddie sat up quickly, his hair tangled and messy.

"dude, what the fuck!?" eddie yelled, hopping back on the bed. he fixed his hair, glaring at june.

"i made breakfast," he said plainly, cutting off a piece of egg. he took a bite. "it was getting cold,"

eddie glared at him, noticing how even the plate still radiated heat. he took a bite of his toast angrily. he dropped the toast and got up, going to grab a t-shirt off his floor. he removed his shirt, showing off his muscular frame. eddie never worked out, how he looked like that was a mystery. however, god works in mysterious ways, and only god could've done something like this.

he directed his attention to his plate while eddie changed. there was something between them, june felt it and he knew eddie did too. that fact didn't change how disgusting june felt with himself after. he didn't feel hungry after.

when he looked up, eddie was wearing a ratted band t-shirt, a pair of black ripped jeans, and a black leather jacket. he still looked gorgeous. june felt his cheeks warm and went back to eating, despite how gross he felt after every bite.

"so, i've got hellfire tonight," eddie began, sandwiching his egg between the two slices of toast he had.

"i can walk hom- back, it's cool," he said, smiling awkwardly. he liked staying there. it's not like the place didn't feel like home, or that wasn't good enough, but he didn't want eddie to think he just decided to live here now.

eddie shook his head. "fuck, no, dude," he said. he spoke with a sort of aggressiveness that june hadn't expected so early in the morning. he's a night owl for sure, but eddie was never mean in the morning, just whiny or exhausted. "will's still missing. the old guy's gonna pick you up," he said.

"doesn't he work?" june asked.

"he's going in late," eddie replied. he saw the way june's expression changed. "he offered, junie. it's either that or the school bus, pick your poison," he joked.

june sighed. "i'll just make it up to him, i guess.." he mumbled. eddie knew there was no convincing him it was fine, but he still didn't like how june continued to feel like a burden to eddie and wayne. he really wasn't; wayne loved him, who wouldn't?

"you make it up to him by making him homemade breakfast every morning," eddie replied.

june didn't say anything, picking at his breakfast. "are you sure i can't just walk home?" june asked quietly.

"no," eddie said, his voice flat. that was out of the question. "will's still missing,"

june sighed. "will's a little boy- I'll be fine," he said quietly.