False God

"Religion's in your lips... the altar is my hips"

-

Remus felt Y/N shudder beneath him, his arms wrapped around her from behind, letting her watch the view, the ripples or the lake and soaring flocks or birds. 

"Come on, we need to go back now, you're cold and it will be getting dark soon."

She nodded, silently taking his hand and starting their walk back to the castle, dropping hands and separating slightly when they got to a more open bit of the grounds, hiding their relationship from anyone who may see them. 

"Do you want to come to my room?" He asked, rolling his eyes at her jokey smirk and eyebrow waggle.

"No, no, I didn't mean it like that at all, I just..." He sighed, resetting his sentence and proposal to her. "Would you like to come have a cup of tea with me?"

She nodded, still struggling to talk to him, overwhelmed with emotion and vulnerability. She wished she could be in his mind, know his thoughts, predict his responses to what she had shared.

-

His room was as she had imagined it would have been, book piled everywhere, cardigans and jackets slung over the back of the chair and bed post. It smelled of chocolate and tea, underlined with the smell of old books and parchment. She glanced round, looking at his desk that was littered with papers and open books, ink splotches and quills.

"Excuse the mess, I... I wasn't expecting to invite you back tonight." He said awkwardly.

She smiled in response, shaking her head and lowering herself onto his bed slowly, watching to make sure it was ok. He brought over a cup of tea, and she sipped it slowly, relishing in the heat as it burned down her throat, helping her to warm up. She placed it on the bedside cabinet as he came and sat next to her. 

"Thank you for telling me. I appreciate that you trusted me." 

She couldn't bring herself to respond, nodding at the floor. 

"Hey, I have a question for you. You said you had a dream about me- what was it?"

She looked up at him, surprised that he had asked something she had mentioned so fleetingly, but also not hugely shocked. She would have been lying if she said she hadn't wondered what his dream had included.

She giggled nervously before beginning. "Well... umm... it was about you..."

He grabbed one of her hands that was resting on the bed, her arms behind her propping her up, smirking. "Yes, I happened to gather that part of it."

She rolled her eyes, continuing, feeling the blushing embarrassment begin to climb onto her cheeks. 

"It kind of started in the middle... we were kissing but it was... frenzied? Your hands were in my hair and you used that to pull me closer. And... your hands... were..."

"Were what, love?" He lifted her hand slowly up to his lips, kissing each finger slowly, maintaining eye contact. 

"They were all over me." She finished finally, entranced by his eyes.

He brought himself closer to her, tilting his head down to her ear. "Did you like it?" 

She nodded slowly, feeling her heart's pace pick up.

"And, tell me something love, would you like that to become reality one day?" He began nibbling her ear lobe gently. All Y/N could do was nod again, eyes clamped shut as she enjoyed the feeling of his lips on her ear, his warm breath tickling her neck. He pulled away and before she had the chance to open her eyes, their lips were joined once more. This kiss was... frenzied, like the dream she had just been describing to him. She felt his hand slide up her back until they were tangled in her hair, pulling her closer. His other hand held onto her waist, and she instinctively raised her hands to his neck.