chapter 6: the end.

october.
bey.

"This is bullshit. You claim to love me so much and respect me, but you have been flirting with that woman from the moment you met her. You were all in your head overanalyzing what her damn outfits looked like. You knew you liked that bitch."

"Watch your mouth. You can be pissed off, but you won't call her out of her name."

"Still fucking defending her. You are with your husband and you're jumping to her defense. I would love it if you had that much love and respect for your man."

"I love you Mora. I know that's hard to see right now, but I do. I didn't do any of this because I didn't love you anymore. I love you more than life."

"I can't tell."

I sat there and waited for him to take a seat too. I was calling his bluff. I knew that no matter what he said, he still wanted to hear. My husband wanted all of the information until there was none left. That was just Samora.

Finally, he sat back down and looked at me with a combination of anger, disappointment, and sadness in his eyes. I looked away from him.

"Why did you flirt with her? Why'd you start?"

"Because I wanted to, and that's not me trying to be funny. The way she spoke to me, looked at me, made me feel... She made me feel good."

"So I should have flirted with you more? If I flirted with you more, you think you would have still cheated on me?"

"It had nothing to do with you. You weren't lacking. I didn't cheat because you did something wrong."

"Obviously there was something wrong. You cheated."

"There was something wrong with me, not you. You didn't cheat, I did."

He shook his head, "Go ahead. Finish."

•••

"Could these go too? I'm not comfortable."

Without question, Oni cleared her desk, sitting everything in the organized drawer beside her. When she told me to lift my feet and ducked her head underneath my body, I looked away.

I slid my body to the middle of her desk and she rolled her way back to me. I kept my legs crossed, rubbing my palms on my thighs.

"I wish you could see yourself through my eyes."

"I've been wishing the same since the day we met."

"You've been wishing you could see yourself through my eyes since we met?"

I sucked my teeth, "You want to pick always."

"You get riled so quickly."

"You push my buttons and you do it purposely."

This time when she was silent, she rolled her chair away from me. She had her elbow on the arm of the chair, her chin resting on her knuckles, watching me. She crossed her legs too before she shook her head.

"What?" I blushed, tempted to look away and being instantly rejected by my own body.

"Are we friends?"