chapter 2: marital disrespect.

He was confused. Eyebrows knitted together and lips turned up into a scowl, I had never seen my man so concentrated.

"You can just ask any question you have Mora-"

"Samora."

"Samora. You can just ask me. I'll answer anything."

"Because you got caught and you no longer have a choice?"

Samora could be petty. That was one of those qualities that I didn't love, but had to deal with because I loved him. I could be petty too. Love was a give and take.

And contrary to popular belief, I did have a choice. I had plenty, but the guilt inside me made me back down and make him believe that he was right. I had gotten caught and I didn't have a choice. Okay.

"Just ask Samora."

"So you didn't speak to her?"

"No not really."

"Not really?"

"Not until I had my assessment."

"You don't need a financial advisor Beyoncé."

I shook my head no, agreeing. We stared at one another, our eyes locking and I could feel the blame game beginning. Because I didn't need one, it was my fault for ever seeing her again as if I knew this would happen.

"When did you see her again?"

"Months later. After my birthday."

september.
bey.

I could have walked to Onika's office from Orange Therapy. Kelly knew that, Onika knew that, but for two months they had been holding onto that location like it was the Krabby Patty secret formula or something. I could ask 100 times and they would either ignore me or change the subject. I couldn't stand that shit and they knew, they just didn't care. They told me I'd figure it out when I really needed to know.

That time had come. After months of waiting impatiently and Kelly teasing me by telling me all about her sessions, I was finally getting my own personal assessment.

The skyscraper that I stood in front of vaguely matched the pixels on my phone. The one in front of me was obviously remodeled, the tints on the windows much darker and the marble walk up much shinier. There were now two guardian statues on opposite sides of the entry way and a large banner that read 'Funds LLC'.

It was direct. Straight to the point. I liked that.

I stopped admiring the building when I realized that I was going to be late. I sped inside only to be stopped by the receptionist then the security when my feet wouldn't stop.

I thought to myself, 'This woman has to be the final boss or something'.

"Do you have an appointment ma'am?" The receptionist asked.

"Yes. 10:00."

They both looked at me. I looked at the Datejust on my wrist. 9:55. Shit.

"I suggest you hurry. Ms. Maraj doesn't tolerate tardiness and she will not see you again if you waste her time."