Ⅻ ━ HOT TOPIC

Jake 

I felt a little warm inside, the fact that Johnnie thinks that I'm cool and pretty made me feel good. It just did, It was kind of how I feel with Tara, but that ultimately didn't end well since we broke up, but we were still really good friends. 

I held his hand as we were walking to the mall and he hesitated to hold my hand back, but he eventually did, as we decided what to do first.  

"Do you want to go to Hot Topic?" He asked. 

"What's that," I questioned him. 

"Have you never been outside? It's only like, the best store ever." He exclaimed. 

I chuckled, "I'll have to believe it to see it." 

He dragged me to a hot topic which upon entering, really suited his overall vibe. This was not for me, well it was, kinda. I don't know, but some of the things in here look like something I'd purchase as well. This was a cool store I could not lie. 

"Do you want that?" I asked as he picked up a studded belt. 

"More than anything." He said. 

"Okay," I said pulling out a wad of cash. 

"But I don't want you to pay for it.." He sighed. 

"Nonono, It's okay, if it's something you want then I'd be really happy to pay."  I smiled.

"Really?" 

"Yeah." 

I also picked out a few more items I wanted from the store, such as a belly button piercing, an ear piercing, and what seemed to be a rock band t-shirt Johnnie really likes, and placed it on the counter. 

"Your total is 120.27$" The cashier calculated. 

"Oh fuck, do we have enough--" Johnnie panicked. 

I tapped him on the shoulder. "Its fine." 

I slipped a 100$ bill and a 20$ bill and dug in the back of my flare pants pocket for some cents. I grabbed 2 quarters, slid it to her, and watched as she put it in the cash register. 

"Thank you have a nice day."

"You too!" 

As we walked out Johnnie looked sad, maybe he was still guilty that I paid for his stuff but it didn't matter. 

"I have to use the bathroom," I stated. 

"Alright, do you want me to wait here with your stuff or," 

"That would be fine, I'll call you when I'm done so we can meet up again," I said giving him my shopping bags, and walking away. 

"Okay, see you!" 

As I walked into the bathroom, I just stood there. "I know you're there." 

Just then a random stranger came out of wherever he was hiding. "Haha, how did you know it was me?" 

"Carrington? how? but you'd just--" 

"Just came to surprise my buddy since I didn't make it home last night." He said hugging me from behind. 

"For a second I thought it was someone else stalking me." I sighed turning around. 

"Oh no there was, He was looking like an idiot too, he was just following you while you were going to hot topic so I had to confront them. He was just a big old perverted creep." He explained. "But I do have to go again, I'm very busy so,"

"No I get it, see you at the house?" I asked him. 

"For sure."