| Confession

Draco sat at his desk in the Slytherin common room, staring at the blank piece of parchment in front of him. The flickering light from the fireplace cast shadows on the walls, but his mind was focused on one thing: the letter he was about to write. This would be different from the others. This time, he was going to pour out his true feelings, confessing the crush that had been growing inside him for months.

With a deep breath, Draco dipped his quill into the ink and began to write.

Dear Harry,

I've been writing and rewriting this letter in my head for weeks now, trying to find the right words to express what I feel. It's not easy, but I think it's time I finally tell you the truth.

Our relationship has changed so much since the end of the war. We've gone from enemies to something I can hardly describe—friends, allies, maybe even more. You've shown me kindness and understanding when I least expected it, and it's made me see you in a different light.

The truth is, Harry, I have feelings for you. It started as a simple curiosity, a desire to understand you better. But the more time we spent together, the more I realised that my feelings ran deeper. I can't pinpoint the exact moment it happened, but somewhere along the way, I started to care for you in a way that goes beyond friendship.

I'm not sure how you'll react to this confession. I know it might complicate things between us, but I can't keep these feelings bottled up any longer. You deserve to know the truth, even if it means risking what we've built together.

No matter what, I hope we can continue to move forward, to build on the trust and understanding we've found. You mean a lot to me, Harry, more than I can put into words.

Yours,

Draco

Draco read the letter over several times, feeling the weight of each word. He folded it carefully and slipped it into an envelope, sealing it with a touch of his wand. For a moment, he hesitated, wondering if he was making a mistake. But deep down, he knew this was the right thing to do. Harry needed to know how he felt, no matter the outcome.

The next morning, Draco woke up early, the letter clutched tightly in his hand. He made his way to the Owlery, where the school's owls were already stirring. Selecting a sleek, black owl, he tied the letter to its leg and whispered, "Take this to Harry Potter."

As the owl flew off into the morning sky, Draco felt a mix of anxiety and relief. The letter was out of his hands now, and all he could do was wait for Harry's response.

The day passed in a blur. Draco attended his classes, but his mind was elsewhere, replaying the possible scenarios over and over again. What if Harry didn't feel the same way? What if this ruined everything they had worked so hard to build? He tried to focus on his studies, but it was nearly impossible.

In the evening, as Draco sat in the Slytherin common room, lost in thought, a familiar voice broke through his reverie.

"Draco, can we talk?"

Draco looked up to see Harry standing there, holding the letter. His heart raced, and he nodded, standing up to follow Harry to a more private corner of the room.

Harry's expression was unreadable, and for a moment, Draco feared the worst. But when Harry finally spoke, his voice was calm and gentle.

"I read your letter, Draco. Thank you for being honest with me."

Draco swallowed hard, his nerves on edge. "And? How do you feel about it?"

Harry took a deep breath, his eyes searching Draco's. "I won't lie, it was a lot to take in. But I want you to know that I value our friendship, and I'm not going to let this change that. As for how I feel... I need some time to process everything."

Draco felt a mix of disappointment and hope. It wasn't a rejection, but it wasn't the answer he had hoped for either. "I understand, Harry. Take all the time you need."

Harry gave him a small smile, a reassuring one. "Thanks, Draco. And for what it's worth, I'm glad you told me. It takes a lot of courage to be honest about your feelings."

Draco nodded, feeling a sense of relief wash over him. They stood there for a moment, a silent understanding passing between them. No matter what happened next, they had taken an important step forward.

As Harry left the common room, Draco felt a flicker of hope. He didn't know what the future held, but for the first time, he felt like they were truly on the path to something meaningful—whether it be friendship, or perhaps, something more.