The witch

As my investigations continued, one of the young woman's close friends finally agreed to reveal a disturbing secret to me. He told me that a few months before her disappearance, she had met a strange person, a sort of healer or witch, they say.
Intrigued by this revelation, I pressed the friend of the deceased for more details. He explained to me that she had been deeply troubled by a traumatic event in her life, and had sought refuge with this mysterious woman for answers and comfort.
 The name of this witch, strange as it may seem, was known in the esoteric circles of the city.
 She lived on the fringes of society, hidden in the woods, where she practiced her rituals and mysterious incantations.

My mind was in turmoil as I wondered what connection this meeting could have with the young woman's disappearance. Had she discovered something disturbing during this meeting? Or was it just a coincidence?

As I ventured into the dark woods where the witch was supposed to reside, a dull anxiety took hold of me. The path was winding, and every rustle in the leaves made me jump.
 But I knew I had to go all the way to find out the truth about the young woman's disappearance.
 Arriving in front of the modest witch's hut, I was struck by its sinister atmosphere. The air seemed thick with mystical energy, and an uneasy feeling came over me as I knocked on the door.
The witch greeted me with an enigmatic smile, her eyes shining with an unearthly glow. And before I could even say a word, she called my name.I knew I had to investigate this mysterious witch further and find out if she had any answers about the young woman's disappearance.
But as I prepared to delve into this new avenue, I knew I was heading down a dangerous path, where the lines between reality and the supernatural were blurred and uncertain.