~ Chapter One: The Hunter ~

It was so silent, the darkness was deafening. Like I had been killed again, permanently, without my ghost to help.

I layed there, quietly, so quiet, it seemed like my ears were going to begin ringing. It was giving me a headache.

Groggily, bracing my hands on the ground, I sat up, looking around more at the new surroundings. Darkness, everywhere was dark. There seemed to be no end to where ever this was.

I maneuvered my legs to kneel, bracing a hand on a knee to stand. That was when I noticed it. My appearance.

I looked down at my hands as I finally got to my feet. I already knew I was having a nightmare, it was the normal at this point.

My hands, covered in thick, black sludge, undulating like it was living, covering my hands.

I moved my fingers a little to test the grip on the muck, that's when I noticed it was all over, and not just my hands, but like I wasn't a awoken anymore, but a humanoid shaped glob of undulating darkness.

I was about to ask myself what this nightmare was about, considering my nightmares usually contain visions of things that will happen.

"Who are you"

A voice called out, snapping me out of my thoughts, confused, I began looking around, turning around and trying to find where it came from, but no luck.

"Who are you"

It called out again. But, why did the voice sound familiar? I couldn't find the answer for myself. It was strange, it didn't sound like a question, but rather, a plain statement.

"Who are you"

It called again, sounding like it was on a recording, not changing in tone or pitch. Like who ever was speaking was void of emotion.

Nonetheless, I decided that I needed to figure out what or who was speaking. I could tell that the voice was somewhere, but not where I was right now.

Every now and then, it'll speak again, taking me closer and closer to the voice, the familiar voice I couldn't quite pull from my mind.

"Who are you"

It called again, my heart pounding as it was basically right on top of me, I turned, looking back and forth over my shoulder, that's when I saw something. Something that interrupted the darkness.

A little ball of blight, something that looked dangerously close to Toland on the Moon. But, it didn't speak with his voice, so who was speaking through it then?

I approached it, stupid, I know, but I knew this was one of my vision nightmares, I knew this wasn't real, nothing could hurt me in here.

I approached it, standing directly in front of it, a soft humming coming from it, the taken energy undulating and the black fog emitting off of it.

Out of my own judgment, I lifted my hand, reaching towards it. Like I was drawn to it, unable to look away.

As my palm connected, white hot heat shot through my body, blinding my vision, like I was just hit by a flashbang.

- - - - -

I shot up, coughing like I was choking. My vision clearing as I sat up in my own bed, at my home, no longer in a vision.

I panted heavily, rubbing my hands over my eyes, clearing the grogginess from my vision as I hear a soft, robotic voice besides me.

"Angerona, oh thank the Traveler, you're ok"