ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ'ꜱ ɴᴏᴛᴇ: ᴄʟᴇᴀʀɪɴɢ ᴜᴘ ꜱᴏᴍᴇ ᴄᴏɴꜰᴜꜱɪᴏɴ

Hey everyone, I realize that some of you might be confused about a few things from the last chapter, so let me take a moment to clarify everything.

First, in Chapter 4, Todoroki mentioned how Izuku saved Iida from the Hero Killer. Now, I understand that in the original timeline of My Hero Academia, this event happens after the USJ incident. Naturally, some of you might wonder how Izuku could have already saved Iida at this point in the story.

To explain, I’ve made a slight adjustment to the timeline in this fanfiction. Here’s a quick breakdown of the original sequence of events after the USJ incident in My Hero Academia, Season 1:

1. Rescue Training Exercise
2. Sports Festival Arc
3. Stain’s Attack (Hero Killer Arc)
4. Final Exams Arc

However, for the sake of this story, I’ve rearranged these events a little bit to fit the narrative I want to tell. Here’s the timeline I’m following in this fanfic:

1. Rescue Training Exercise
2. Sports Festival Arc
3. Stain’s Attack (Hero Killer Arc)
4. Final Exams Arc
5. USJ Incident

I hope that clears up any confusion. Just keep in mind that these changes are intentional and specific to this fanfic. Don’t worry, I’m not rewriting canon—just reworking things a bit for this story. Trust me, it’ll make sense as the plot unfolds!
***

Secondly,
The battle at U.S.J. was supposed to follow the same path as it did in the anime. The students had been thrust into chaos, and just as All Might clashed with the first Nomu, another unexpected threat emerged. From the shadows of the Warp Gate, a second Nomu suddenly appeared, rushing toward the group of young heroes.

While All Might was locked in a fierce struggle with the first Nomu, the second one targeted the students. Chaos broke out, with everyone trying to defend themselves as best they could. Shigaraki, seeing an opportunity, lunged at Tsuyu with malicious intent.

Izuku, standing near Tsuyu, quickly moved in front of her, instinctively protecting his classmate from Shigaraki’s deadly assault. His eyes were wide with determination, his heart racing as he braced himself for the attack.

But in that moment of bravery, Izuku’s focus was solely on Tsuyu. He didn’t see what was happening to his right—where the second Nomu had set its sights on Mineta. The creature lunged toward him with terrifying speed, and Mineta froze, unable to react.

In a split second, Bakugo, who had been fighting nearby, saw the opportunity. Izuku was distracted. No one was watching. Without hesitation, Bakugo shoved Mineta directly into the Nomu’s path, his movements quick and deliberate. Mineta stumbled, his eyes wide with fear, and before anyone could comprehend what had happened, the Nomu's powerful blow struck him. The sound of Mineta’s body hitting the ground echoed through the battlefield.

From a distance, it looked like Izuku had failed to protect him. No one had seen Bakugo's cruel act—no one but Bakugo himself, who wore a mask of indifference as the blame silently shifted to Izuku.

All Might, having just delivered a powerful punch to the first Nomu, turned toward the students, his face full of urgency as he realized the second Nomu had already wreaked havoc. He rushed toward them, his iconic smile strained as he moved to protect the students from further harm.

But it was too late.

Mineta lay motionless, his injuries fatal. The students, their faces a mix of shock and horror, stood frozen in disbelief. Izuku, still in front of Tsuyu, turned to see the aftermath—the Nomu retreating and Mineta’s lifeless body on the ground.
***

Thirdly,
Before the chaos of the U.S.J. incident, a pivotal event had unfolded during the Final Exam Arc, which took place in this revised timeline. Bakugo and Izuku found themselves paired up for a challenging mock battle against All Might. It was a high-stakes test of their abilities, and both had prepared intensely for the confrontation.

When the battle began, Izuku's performance exceeded all expectations. His strategic thinking and quick reflexes allowed him to maneuver with a level of skill that not only impressed All Might but also won him praise from their classmates. His success was evident, and while Bakugo had given his all, the outcome was essentially the same as in the anime—Izuku’s exceptional performance had stolen the spotlight.

The praise and admiration directed towards Izuku ignited a deep-seated frustration within Bakugo. He couldn't comprehend why All Might and their peers were lauding Izuku while seemingly overlooking his own efforts. It was a bitter pill to swallow, one that gnawed at his sense of pride and achievement.

Bakugo’s internal conflict grew into resentment. He felt humiliated, not by his own performance but by what he perceived as Izuku’s overshadowing presence. The more he stewed over the situation, the more his anger transformed into a desire for revenge. He began to isolate Izuku, seeing him as the source of his embarrassment and the reason for his diminished status.
***

****
In this story, the process of awakening a quirk is different from the norm. Quirks do not manifest naturally, and there’s no need to visit a doctor to determine whether someone possesses one or not.

The awakening of a quirk depends on the use of special crystals. Each individual is allowed to use a total of five crystals in their lifetime. If, after using the fifth crystal, a person still hasn’t awakened a quirk, they are deemed quirkless.

Moreover, the strength and potency of a quirk are determined by the quality of the crystal used. Higher-grade crystals result in more powerful and unique quirks, while lower-grade crystals may yield weaker abilities.

This tale is set in a world divided into kingdoms, with Japan known as the Sakura Kingdom. Other kingdoms will be introduced as the story unfolds. Society is structured around three distinct classes: Royalty, Nobles, and Commoners.

U.A. Hero Academy, the prestigious school for aspiring heroes, exists in every kingdom, but it is exclusively attended by Commoners. The entrance exam and its difficulty remain the same as depicted in the anime. Characters such as Bakugo, Momo, Iida, and others are categorized as Commoners in this setting, though their paths to becoming heroes are no less significant.

*****
If you still have any confusion please ask me. I'll try my best to explain.