Chapter VIII

"Sunoo, it's time to let go!" The voice of Jeongin, Sunoo's spirit guide, echoed in his mind with a clarity that cut through the chaos.

"Jeongin? No! What are you saying?" Sunoo cried out internally, his heart torn between fear and trust.

"The descent of one heralds the ascent of another, for the arrow steeped in darkness will cleanse its own shadow." Jeongin's voice resonated with calm wisdom. "Release the arrow!"

"And then what?" Sunoo's voice quivered with uncertainty.

"You'll know," Jeongin replied, a gentle smile in his voice, before his presence faded from Sunoo's mind.

With tears streaming down his face, Sunoo drew the bowstring back and released the tainted arrow, much to his friends' horror and Wonho's twisted delight.

"No, Sunoo!" Riki screamed, his voice echoing across the battlefield.

In that crucial moment, as the arrow sped towards Jake, Sunoo felt a surge of clarity. He regained control of his body and, in a blink, used all his powers to propel himself forward with blinding speed.

With his arms spread wide, Sunoo intercepted the arrow meant for Jake, his body absorbing the full force of the dark magic. The arrow pierced through his heart, sending a shockwave of pain through his entire being.

"Sunoo, no!" Jake cried out, his voice breaking with anguish.

As Sunoo fell to the ground, he felt the darkness begin to dissipate, replaced by a warm, purifying light. The tainted arrow, having passed through his heart, was cleansed by the purity of his sacrifice. The malevolent energy that had once consumed it has now transformed into a radiant beacon of hope.

"Sunoo..." Jake knelt beside him, tears streaming down his face as he cradled Sunoo's head in his lap.

Sunoo's eyes fluttered open, a weak but genuine smile on his lips. "Jeongin said... the arrow would purify its own kind," he whispered, his voice faint.

Jake's heart ached with a mix of grief and admiration. "You saved me, Sunoo. You saved us all."

The battlefield fell silent as the warriors and their enemies alike watched in awe. The light emanating from Sunoo's sacrifice began to spread, enveloping the entire area. It healed the wounded, restored the fallen, and banished the lingering darkness.

Wonho's face twisted in rage and disbelief. "No! This can't be happening!"

Sunoo's breathing grew shallow, but his eyes remained fixed on Jake. "Promise me... you'll protect Elyxion and Etherea. For all of us."

"I promise," Jake vowed, his voice choked with emotion. "We'll make sure your sacrifice wasn't in vain."

As the light continued to spread, Sunoo felt a profound sense of peace. His spirit began to rise from his body, guided by Jeongin's gentle presence.

"We'll take care of Sunoo's body," Hoshi said as they swiftly took Sunoo's frozen body and took cover.

"Well done, Sunoo," Jeongin's voice whispered, full of pride. "However, your journey is just about to begin." Jeongin smiled at him.

As the four gods were released from their spell, they vanished without a vessel to contain their power.

Meanwhile, Heeseung, Jungwon, and Riki, who witnessed everything, were consumed with rage. Determined to avenge their fallen friend, they called upon their familiars.

"Sylfarion!"

"Serena!"

"Aquina!"

A storm wyvern, a siren kelpie, and a sky griffin appeared before them, their majestic forms shimmering with power.