I. To know one is to taste one

ONE.     TO KNOW ONE IS TO TASTE ONE
(THE SHARING OF MOUTHS)
MENTIONS.    SELF HARM
🦴

                         There is something horribly hideous in Hawkins, it's mainly the people that live there and all their beers

Eddie Munson's never been able to be sad about his mother and her death, he has never given himself the time to feel it. It's not something he wants to do either. He needs to keep moving.

He's the oldest of three.

There's a type of rough love received when it comes to being the first born of a tormented woman with too many children she did not want in the first place. I suppose from a young age he knew something was not right with his mother. Kids would whisper about it in class because he was always late. Outfits always a little mismatched. Never a pair of matching socks. His mother never answered the phone when the school called. They had no one else to call either—it had always just been her. She'd be late to pick him up a lot of the time too. Most times Eddie would sneak away and just walk home to save the trouble of calling Misty. He'd have to sneak away the rest of the kids too. They'd walk home singing and laughing, acting like they hadn't been forgotten. Eddie was always holding Reese's hand. Kaimer would walk in front of them, leading the singing. No one at the schools ever said anything about the small Munson's disappearing if they showed back up to class the next day unharmed.

Misty use to sit on the couch watching her show about married women to rich men with a glass of red wine in her left hand. She hated the show, but loved to watch it like she was the one on screen. She would always end up wrapping one of Eddie's curls around her finger from her right hand and pulling. He'd be sitting on the floor by her feet with his cars and would gasp at the sharp pain. His eyes welded with tears and his scalp would burn.

His little sister, would flinch at his gasp. Their once previous silence shattered. One of his cars in her hands. He was always a sharer. She would watch his eyes get big and wet. "Mama?" She would whisper, because why was her brother about to start crying. What had happened?

Misty would always say the same thing. "Think it's time to cut your hair again, Eddie." Then Eddie's hair would be too short and uneven and he'd be wearing beanies too often—despite the weather.

Eddie and Kaimer don't have the same father. Eddie's father lives somewhere in Fort Wayne with his little brother, Wayne, funny, and sometimes Misty would pack a bag and disappear off to FW for a week or two. She never really said when she would be gone... or why. Eddie was always in a panic because what about him and the kids? What would they eat for dinner? With what money?

Fort Wayne is how Reese came about.

Kaimer's father is in a prison cell in Hawkins. He calls Kai on the weekends. She never really answers the phone.

When the kids were teenagers, Misty Munson died.

Kaimer Munson's mother bled out on the couch around two years ago. Though, they have a new couch, everytime she sits on it—she feels like she's the one bleeding. She will never understand why she feels things so deeply. She knows her father is in jail and he won't stop calling her for help. She can't help him even if she tried. She knows her father is not her brother's father. She knows their father is worse than hers, even if hers is locked up. At least he cares to call. She knows her boys are bastards and her mother is still fucking dead. She does not know where Britt Harrison came from, but she is her mother's older sister who hadn't come to the funeral. But if she's here now, she has to be important, right?