chapter 11

Domonic Moretti -session 18

The nightmare began when his father gave an order, and his men started killing everyone in the brothel. The screams of the women and children echoed in Dominic's ears. His mother was one of the last to fall, reaching out to him as life drained from her eyes. Dominic was held back, forced to watch as everyone he cared about was slaughtered.

Session Notes: This traumatic event is a core source of Dominic's PTSD. He struggles with guilt and helplessness, feeling responsible for not being able to save them.
_____

As I arrive at Veronica's house, the early morning light casts a soft glow around her as she opens the door, looking slightly disheveled in her pajamas and bonnet. "Dominic, what are you doing here at 6 am?" she asks, her voice laced with curiosity.

I hand her the cup of coffee and the donut I brought for her. "Let's get you ready," I say, flashing her a mischievous grin.

She raises an eyebrow, clearly suspicious. "Where are we going?" she asks, eyeing me with a mix of apprehension and excitement.

"It's a surprise," I reply, trying to contain my own excitement. "But trust me, you're going to love it."

Veronica's eyes widen with curiosity, but she doesn't press further as we head inside. I follow her to her bedroom, where she gestures towards her closet in response to my question about her suitcases.

"It's happening, isn't it?" she says, a hint of a smile tugging at the corners of her lips. "We're actually going somewhere."

I nod, trying to suppress the grin that threatens to spread across my face. "We are indeed," I confirm, grabbing her suitcase and starting to pack.

Veronica watches me for a moment, her expression a mix of amusement and anticipation. "Well, don't keep me in suspense," she teases. "Where are we going?"

I pause for effect, enjoying the moment before revealing the destination. "Costa Rica," I finally announce, watching her reaction closely.

Veronica's eyes light up with excitement, and before I know it, she's jumping into my arms, nearly knocking me off balance. "Seriously?" she exclaims, her voice filled with incredulity and joy.

"Seriously," I confirm, feeling a surge of happiness as I return her hug, savoring the warmth of her embrace.

Veronica rushes off to shower and get ready, her energy infectious. By the time she returns downstairs, all her things are packed, and we head to the car, ready for our adventure.

As we drive to the airport, Veronica's curiosity gets the better of her. "So, spill," she says, turning to look at me with a playful glint in her eyes. "What's the occasion for this impromptu trip?"

I flash her a knowing smile. "Let's just say I felt like we both needed a break," I reply cryptically, enjoying the mystery of it all.

Veronica nods, seemingly satisfied with my response, and we continue our journey in comfortable silence, both lost in our own thoughts as we anticipate the adventures that lie ahead.

Seated in my private jet, I try to focus on my business call, but my attention keeps drifting to Veronica. She's engrossed in her laptop, her brow furrowed in concentration. I steal glances at her whenever I can, admiring the determination in her eyes. There's a certain allure to her, even in the midst of work.

But then I catch a glimpse of her searching sperm banks, and a surge of curiosity and concern washes over me. What is she looking for? Why sperm banks? I quickly push aside my questions, burying them under the weight of my own uncertainties.

We land in Costa Rica, greeted by the warm tropical air that promises adventures yet to come. As we drive to the resort, I can't shake the nagging feeling that something is amiss. And when we arrive, my suspicions are confirmed.

"There seems to be a mistake with the room booking," I inform Veronica, eyeing the single bed with a hint of apprehension.

Veronica's response is surprisingly nonchalant. "It's fine," she assures me, already beginning to unpack her things.

I take a deep breath, trying to quell the unease bubbling within me. There's a strange intimacy to the situation, sharing a room with Veronica in such close quarters. But I push aside my discomfort, focusing on the practicalities of the situation.

"We should go down to the restaurant and grab something to eat," I suggest, eager to distract myself from the tension building between us.

Veronica nods in agreement, and together we make our way to the restaurant. The sunset casts a warm glow over everything, painting the sky with vibrant hues of orange and pink. For a moment, all the tension and uncertainty fade away, replaced by a sense of peace and contentment.

As we sit together, watching the sun dip below the horizon, I can't help but feel a growing connection between us.