chapter 14

I get out of the shower to see Dominic asleep on his side, his strong form rising and falling steadily with each breath. A pang of disappointment hits me that we didn't take things further after our intense kiss on the beach. I dry off, slip into my pajamas, and lay down next to him, but sleep eludes me.

"Dom," I say softly, hoping not to wake him but needing his presence all the same. He hums in response, a low, comforting sound.

"Are you asleep?" I ask, knowing it's a stupid question.

He turns to face me, eyes open and alert. "Can't sleep," he says.

"Same," I admit, a small smile tugging at my lips.

He smiles back, and I can't help but reach out, my fingers tracing softly around his face. His skin is warm, the stubble on his jaw rough under my fingertips. "Will this ruin our friendship?" I ask, my voice barely above a whisper.

Dominic looks at me, his eyes softening. "I wouldn't let you leave my life, even if I was taking my last breath," he says, his words a balm to my worries.

"I like you, Dominic," I confess, feeling vulnerable. For a moment, he just looks at me, and I fear I've made a mistake. But then he pulls me in, his lips crashing against mine in a fierce, passionate kiss.

"Finally," he murmurs against my lips, the kiss growing hungrier. His hands slide around my waist, pulling me on top of him.

Our bodies press together, the heat between us almost unbearable. My hands roam over his chest, feeling the hard muscles beneath his shirt. He pulls me closer, his lips trailing from my mouth down to my neck, sending shivers down my spine.

"God, you feel so good," he whispers against my skin, his voice thick with desire.

I arch against him, my body responding to his every touch. "I need you, Dominic," I breathe out, my fingers tangling in his hair.

His hands move under my shirt, caressing the bare skin of my back. "I've wanted this for so long," he admits, his lips returning to mine in a kiss that's both tender and demanding.

I grind against him, feeling his arousal pressing against me. He groans, his hands tightening on my hips. "Veronica," he murmurs, the sound of my name on his lips sending a thrill through me.

Our kisses become more frantic, our need for each other overriding everything else. His hands move to the hem of my shirt, pulling it over my head and tossing it aside. I do the same with his, relishing the feel of his bare skin against mine.

"You're perfect," he breathes, his hands roaming over my body, memorizing every curve.

I lean down, capturing his lips in a kiss that's pure fire. "Don't stop," I whisper, my voice breaking with need.

"Never," he promises, flipping us over so he's hovering above me. He trails kisses down my neck, his hands exploring every inch of me.

His hands travel to my core. "God, Veronica, you're soaked," he murmurs, kissing down my body. His fingers enter me, in and out in a steady rhythm. He hooks his fingers, hitting a spot over and over again. My back arches, and my chest connects with his as I climax. We kiss each other, and I realize I've been starving for this.

I kiss his neck up to his ear. "Just put it in," I say, sucking his neck and kissing his jaw. He leans over, and I hear the drawer close and the packet rip. He kisses my forehead as he slowly slides his dick inside me, my back arching at the sensation.

"Are you adjusting, amore?" he asks.

I nod, breathless. "Baby, I'm going to start moving."

With that, he grabs my hips with a firm hold and slams into me. "Dominic," I moan as he slams again. I guide his face to mine, and we kiss, my arms going around his neck to his back. I'm so close. With that, I cum. He's still moving in and out of me, and I wrap my legs around him as he finishes. We stay there, him on top of me, both of us heavy breathing. He reluctantly pulls out and goes to the bathroom, discarding the condom.

He comes back, his underwear now on, with a cloth in his hands. He cleans me up, trailing kisses all over my legs. "Are you okay, amore?" he asks.

I nod, and he stands to go back to the bathroom. His chest and shoulders have my claw marks. He sits on the bed, and I put on my discarded pajamas, my legs feeling limp.

I walk over to my bag and grab some ointment. I straddle him. "I'm sorry," I say, applying the cream on his shoulders and chest. I give him a kiss on his temple. He pulls me down until I'm lying on his chest.

"Let's get some sleep, amore," he says, his voice tender yet possessive. His arms wrap around me, holding me close as we drift off, entangled in each other.