Part 5

Sorry for leaving you all waiting for so long. There's a lot of stuff going on right now and I have my exams coming up. But I thank you all for the support and I'll try and continue to update.

Surely this man must be crazy, like he must have been locked away in psych ward or something because there's no way he's my dad. Is there? I was just sat on the the sofa thinking more about what he said, until I got a call from Annie, obviously upset.

Call

Hi, what's up Annie

She couldn't get the money!

Okay calm down
We can figure something out

No we can't
Im going to say bye to Sadie
I suggest  you do the same for Matteo
Bye

End of phone call

I've never really thought about what would happen if I'd died, I guess I was to busy acting like a mother to care. I slowly creeped my way to my brothers room, holding him in my arms and tears rolled down my face. "I love you Matteo"
——————————————————————
The next day we all ended up and Annie apartment counting money once again while the kids where at school. Me and Annie where lying opposite way from each other on the sofa eating chicken wings and discussing places we could move too. While Beth and Ruby where doing the hard work.

"How much is there" Beth question ruby, "same as yesterday" she replied. I looked over and said "it's not gonna change Beth" "we can at least try". "Costa Rico" Annie shouted over to the two women "bugs" ruby responded, "we cannot run. We have families" Beth made her way over to us, "right. China" "earthquakes". Beth then sighed and sat down on a chair opposite us "that's your big issue with china?"
"You have a better problem with china?" "Language barriers, human rights violations, communistic rule" "where staying here and where facing this" Beth butted in but Annie continued with her list, "but the food is great" Ruby looked at me saying "they don't have Indian food. I need to go some place where they have Indian food." "India" "god, no".

My head ached from this conversation and that fact that Annie's laptop was pinging every second. "Who keeps IM'ing you?" Beth asked in a furious tone "oh I put hans up on eBay." "Who's hans?" A question we all wanted to know "the little drummer boy I stole from boomers granny" "Annie that is an heirloom." "Who she gonna pass it down to? Alba? Or her only one- quarter Mexican grandchildren?". "Holy mother" Annie said as a chime came through her laptop "what" "Hans goes up to eight Gs" "what?" "Shut the front door" "did you take anything else" Beth asked curiously "maybe".
——————————————————————
Now here we were, sat in Beth's dining room with the big man in front us counting the money that was laid out and then looking up to the main man (who was stood in my kitchen a couple of days ago) and shaking his head. My leg tapped under the table Beth then grabbing hold of it trying to calm me down. The man came over to us stopping at the table glancing at us all "you're short" "no where not" Annie replied "yea you are." "Actually...where over. See these are super rare collectibles." "Treasures" " yes. Sister, you are correct. That a better word for these, because these super rare treasures go for ten to fifteen Gs on eBay. How much legwork is there, right? But the truth is, it's very little. Because we have done the lions share of work for you. Ruby?" "These are the usernames and passwords for our eBay accounts. Plus auction tips to maximise your profits."

The man looked at the little antics in-front of him "you want me to sell your dolls?" My head was strained to floor not daring to meet any of men's eyes in the room especially his. "Tell him about Hans." "ooh our little drummer boy. The pride of Hamburg." She giggled as the man bent down grabbing a hold of the drummer boy. "you see Hans here is one of them 12 in the entire ..." but Annie didn't get to finish her sentence because suddenly bang he smashed Hans into the table. We all jumped while Beth grabbed onto my hand and I was finally lifting my head up. The man then looked at Annie as she finished the sentence "11 in the world" she muttered. "This some kind of joke to you?" Annie shook her head violently "I'm done playing with you guys."

He walked over to me grabbing a hold off my arm "get of me you psycho" he chucked again, oh how I hated that laugh. He passed me to one of his men while the rest of them started trashing the place, I was trying to get out of the man's grip but it was no use. My friends where shouting from the table, while a man put a silencer onto a gun "please stop them" I shouted to the man as a tear dropped onto my face, he looked at me with a tiny bit of emotion showing "I can't do that cariño" "yes you can your just being a prick over a little bit of money, tu hijo de puta" more tears dripped down my face.

The big man then put the gun up to Beth's head and now I was on the verge of breaking down fully. The man's eyes still attached to my watery ones now looked away to Beth who was speaking "your an idiot" "Beth!" Annie let out a cry "what? Are you gonna blow our brains out all over the room? Because that's how it works, right? Someone shorts you, and they tossed out like trash? And no one cares. No one even notices. Your problem this time is, that's not us. We're normal people. We pay our taxes and... we take our kids to P.F Changs and we take orange slices to soccer games. And when bad things happen to good people, everyone else goes crazy. It's all over the news, and there are all the hashtags and movements. Because if it can happen to us it can happen to anyone. So, if you wanna invite all that attention... over a few grand, then you're not the smart businessman you think you are. Now, roll the dice. Tell him to pull the trigger. See what happens."

The man then looked over to me again I was practical collapsed on the man behind me  from the exhaustion from fighting him. The man smiled a bit and then turned back to Beth and shook his head, i let out a breath I was unaware I was holding as I was released. The man walked past me moving a hair that was in my face behind my ears giving me a bit of a smile and then a nod.
—————————————————————————
After everything that had happened, Boomer, Annie's stupid manager escaped the tree house  so we spent most of the night searching for him and then we found him and then Annie decided to matters into her own hands and pretend like she sent boomers dick pic to her daughter which it was just me and Ruby and said if he goes to the police about us then she gonna go to the police about him.

And then the next day rolled around the corner. Just like a blink of an eye.