Chapter 3: Late Night Talks & Sharing the Bed

Stacy’s POV

Harry had fallen asleep about an hour ago and I was sat on the sofa alone, watching a re-run of Full House. So much for a fun night at the Styles’ household. I was about to switch the tele off and fall asleep myself but I heard the front door open and close. Gemma came tiptoeing into the living room, clearly not noticing that I was still very much awake.

“Gem,” I whispered, as she jumped back in surprise.

“Oh my god Stace, you scared me half to death.” she said, placing a hand on her chest. I giggled at her reaction as she tiptoed passed Harry’s sleeping body and took a seat next to me on the sofa.

“Sorry, I was just wondering if I could talk to you?”

“Of course you can.”

“Well first off how was your date?” I asked her curiously, knowing this was the third time she’s been out with this Liam fellow in the past week. Her face lit up at my question and I knew it must have gone well.

“Ugh, Stacy it was amazing; I really like this guy.” She replied giddily.

“Do you think he could be a potential future boyfriend?”

“I think it could be a definite possibility.” She smiled at the thought of it, and I could tell this guy made her genuinely happy. “So what did you want to talk about? Oh wait, wasn’t tonight your big date with Harry’s friend? How’d it go?” she fired out questions, causing me to relive the whole disaster in my head. I cringed at the very thought of Haydn Morris.

“Gemma it was horrible. The guy is a complete and total pig.” I informed her, wishing I had never agreed to the whole ordeal.

“Aw sweetie what happened? I thought he was a good lad, I’ve met him before; he’s quite cute as well.” She said in confusion. I suddenly grew just as confused as she was.

“Um…do you need your eyes checked Gem? Haydn is far from being even remotely ‘cute’.”

Oh, you went out with Haydn?! I thought Harry said he set you up with Will Sweeny?”

“Ugh, I wish.

Gemma smirked sneakily as I complained, as if she knew something that I didn’t.

“What?” I asked curiously, wondering what she was thinking.

“Did you maybe not have a good time on the date because you wanted to be with my little brother instead?” she asked somewhat eagerly, now grinning like mad. My cheeks suddenly turned a crimson color and my mouth went dry.

“N-no? Why would you think that? I can hang out with Harry anytime. I didn’t have a good time because Haydn is a douche.” I snapped harshly in defense.

“I didn’t say you were lying about Haydn…but I mean I’m not dumb Stacy, how long have I known you now?”

“I don’t know…like..10 years?”

“Exactly, 10 years that you’ve been drooling over Harry like a little puppy dog. It’s not a bad thing babe; you would be good for him. But it’s better to except it than deny it.” I pondered over her words, letting them sink in to my already overcrowded brain, as she gave me a pat on the leg and stood up.

“Goodnight Stace, sleep tight.” she smirked, pointing her head towards Harry who was still sound asleep on the ground. She turned to leave and I was left with my thoughts.

“I don’t like him…” I mumbled to myself, “I don’t like you,” I said a little louder towards Harry’s sleeping frame. He stirred a bit, his eye lids flickering before they fluttered open. My heart rate picked up a bit and I silently prayed that he hadn’t heard what I said.

“Stace?” he called out groggily, rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

“Y-yeah?”

“I’m tired, wanna go upstairs? It’s uncomfortable down here.” He was sat up now, taking the blanket off of him and setting it to the side.

“Sure, yeah.” I stood up nervously, following in tow behind Harry; up the stairs to the second room on the left.

“You can take the bed this time Haz; you’re more tired than I am.” I suggested, setting up camp on the hardwood flooring off his bedroom.

“No, just sleep up here with me.” He said, tugging on my arm, stopping me from what I was doing. I looked at him, then his bed and then back at him skeptically. “Come on Stace. I don’t bite. It’s a big bed, and you’re like a sister to me, its fine.”

I nodded meekly, picking the pillow up from the floor and setting it on his king sized bed. He slipped his t-shirt over his head and climbed in his bed. He peeled back his duvet and patted the empty spot next to him, motioning for me to join him. I did as he instructed and climbed in his bed trying to calm my nerves and get comfortable.

“’Night Stacy.” He said through a yawn before he drifted off to sleep.

I on the other hand was not falling asleep any time soon. Why did Gemma put this thought in my head?

_____________________________________________________________

A/N: Hello Lovebugs! I’m sorry I took so long updating this! I’ve been so busy with school and my other stories and what not. AND I know this chapter isn’t much but I thought it would at least hold you over until I can update again! WHICH WILL BE MUCH SOONER THIS TIME! OH and I got new puppies! I’ll post a picture of them with this chapter! The one with the pink color is named Dixie and the other one is named Chevy! What do you think of them?! I LOVE them.<3

ANYWAYS please leave your thoughts, opinions, and predictions!

20 votes and 15 comments until the next update! Love you guys.xx