Chapter 11

A/N: Real quick guys, so sorry about being slow. But good news, I'M FINALLY OFF WORK FOR THE SUMMER 🥳🥳!! I'm gonna be consistent once again uploading I promise you. So let's get going into the next chapter, cause I'm so exited to get into his again ❤️❤️

Present Day. Yonsei University Gangnam Severance Hospital.

Kibum's POV

    Me & Minho were finally talking with the doctor in his office after he examined me. The doctor seemed friendly enough, and he finally explained something I'd been wondering myself. He explained that hyperventilation syndrome can be caused by stress, therefore it's caused if I experience extremely high levels or go into shock. He then asked if any accidents happened near the time of my attack, and Minho explained that an electric transformer exploded. He must've noticed or taken note before we left. I then explained to the doctor how I'd always been afraid of loud noises, and how there's no effect if I know it before hand. But if I don't, then I'll have a panic attack. That was what happened earlier. The doctor then asked if it happened often, and when I answered no and only when the sounds sound eerily like a gunshot or explosion do I get severe attacks did he ask an interesting question.

    "Was there any incident that happened in your childhood then??", that was the question the doctor asked. "No. My mom has always told me that I've been afraid of loud noises since I was young though." I replied, and I then noticed Minho give me a concerned look out of the corner of my eye. "Can it be cured sir??" He asked to the doctor. The doctor replied to Minho with "Well, hyperventilation syndrome is merely caused by a psychological state. Treatments normally include anti-anxiety medication, but Kibum's case here isn't related to anxiety. If we can't find the actual cause, then it's gonna be very difficult to find a cure." Minho seemed to trust the doctors word then, and we just thanked the doctor and left.

That night

That night. Minho's Car.

Minho's POV

    After we left the hospital, I offered to drive Kibum home. He thankfully agreed, and we were now on our way to his dorm building. We were sort of sitting in silence, cause after our encounter earlier today I'm sure it would've been awkward for poor Kibum. But I decided to break the silence, cause here was another chance and by golly I was gonna take it. "You know, we never properly introduced ourselves. Nice to meet you, I'm Choi Minho. I'm a third-year studying Business Administration. I also have two siblings, a brother and sister." Kibum chuckled at my antics, and oh gosh his smile was so cute. He eventually replied with "Nice to meet you as well, my name's Kim Kibum. I'm a first-year studying Economics. I actually am an only child." Oh Kibum, of course I know you study Economics. You share classes with Taemin, and I ran into you near where classes in that major were held.

    I continued regardless, saying "I mostly live with my siblings. Our parents have to travel a lot of the time." Kibum played along, and replied to me with "I live in a condo by myself right now. My dad passed when I was young, and my mom currently lives in America to expand her restaurant." I was sad to hear how Kibum was all alone. I couldn't imagine loosing your father, and then having your mom move away right when you're starting college. It was interesting to hear how his mother ran a restaurant though. She probably hired some employees since Kibum isn't there, and was working hard to expand her business. I wondered if Kibum was as hard working as her?? I kept the conversation going, and told Kibum my birthday which is December 9th. He replied with his own, being September 23rd. We continued going back and forth, listing our favorite foods, favorite places to travel to, and other small hobbies we didn't originally know.

    Eventually we got to a stop light, and it was then a sly idea came to me. After Kibum told me his favorite food and mentioned how he loved to cook as well, I paused as I brought the car to a stop. As we waited for the light to turn, I turned to look at Kibum and uttered with my best sly smirk "I'm also..single." Kibum responded to my pick up line, by turning toward me with his mouth slightly agape. BOOM!! Kibum took a moment to process what exactly I had just done, before replying "I'm also..single." YES!! I stared at him, still with a smirk on my face, until he turned away kind of shyly. Omg seriously he was so cute when he was shy!! It was then that the light changed again, and we drove the rest of the way in silence. Though I thought I saw Kibum smile out of the corner of my eye once.

Kibum's Dorm Building

Kibum's POV

    We finally arrived at my dorm building, and I was still reeling from Minho's clever pick up line. SERIOUSLY, he almost gave me a heart attack with that!! But I couldn't help but smile at his attempt to flirt with me, and it may have sent my heart fluttering a bit. I shot him a quick "Thanks!!" as I exited his car, until I noticed he opened the window after me as I grabbed my stuff from the backseats. "Kibum-ah, wait!!" Minho suddenly shouted. I quickly stopped myself, and kneeled to look at him through the open window. "Yes??" I asked as I gave him a questioning look. Suddenly, he handed me his phone and I stood there quite stupidly not knowing what he meant at the time. Minho seemed to notice my confusion, and simply stated "Your number." Oh yeah, of course...Wait, WHAT?! DUDE, how many of these do you have?! I just simply took his phone and inserted my number without another thought.

    I mean, he helped me and took me to the hospital. I could trust him, right?? I then handed Minho his phone back, and after he checked it real quick to make sure it was working he shot me a "Good night!!" I shot one back of course, and just walked into the building. Well, that certainly wasn't how I pictured my evening. But, is it weird that I ironically enjoyed it?? I went to sleep that night quite happy I ran into him after his trip the previous weekend.