Fears of Within

"𝘿𝙤 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬, 𝙄'𝙫𝙚 𝙣𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮 𝙝𝙖𝙙 𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙤𝙣𝙚...𝙩𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙢𝙮 𝙗𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙩𝙝 𝙖𝙬𝙖𝙮 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩..."

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Seren thought that if her parents were hell bent on embarrassing her with the photo albums, she would get ahead of the game and do it herself. Having the albums in her possession allowed her to choose the least embarrassing albums for Steve to see. She also made sure that neither of her parents were in the vicinity, though the only thing Seren didn't count on was Steve insisting on seeing more. She thought one album would suffice but it turns out she was wrong.

"I can't believe you're really into this," she sighed to him when they opened up a new album. She shifted on her bed, scooting close to him so he could see the new pictures.

"Why wouldn't I? You're adorable," he flashed her a smile that was followed with a kiss on the top of her head. "Plus, it gives me a good window into the 80s and the 90s." Of course when he noticed the time on the clock on the wall, he immediately left those ideas behind. "It's late!"

Seren chuckled. "It's midnight, dear. Not that late for us young folks."

Steve paused to shoot her a mock-glare. "Oh, you're funny."

She shrugged innocently and reached for his arm to pull him back beside her. As embarrassing as some of her pictures were, she liked having him be close to her. "C'mon back, lovey."

"Seren," he sat back up, "I would rather your parents not find out I'm in here in the first place." He expected her teasing laugh but not her hard strength that pulled him back against the headboard. It creaked far louder than what he would've liked. "Seren!"

She giggled. "Don't worry, they're both hard sleepers. How do you think I snuck out when I was younger?"

"That doesn't matter, they could—you snuck out?" He had to pause once that registered in his head. He blinked at her incredulously. He couldn't exactly picture Seren Soul sneaking out of her house.

Seren directed him towards the only window in the room which was directly across them. "When I was getting the hang of my flying abilities, I would use that window for practice."

"That is...beyond dangerous!"

Seren smiled proudly. "Also how I learned. So trust me when I say that my parents will not be waking up anytime soon."

"Still..."

Seren put her album on the side then grabbed one of his hands, lacing their fingers together. "Are you not used to being in a girl's room?"

He could really do without her teasing smile. "Don't you start," he warned.

"But am I right?"

"Seren no-middle-name Soul, stop it!" He could not, however, stop her laugh. "Unbelievable. You are unbelievable."

"And you are so easily flustered." She further confirmed it when she abruptly got up and climbed on top of him so that she was straddling him. "I would never put you in a bad situation with them, trust me."

"Oh, really?" Steve looked at her without the least bit of belief. His hands had come to rest on her back. "I direct you to exhibit A," he gestured to their current position. It was compromising enough.

"Oh lovey, the door's locked. Lighten up."

Steve raised an eyebrow at her. She was really something. He decided to turn the tables on her, literally. He heard her sharp gasp when he turned them over and she was now on her back. He smirked down at her. "Gotcha."