Character Descriptions

Name:  Springfield "Springy" Grace Boundarby

Age: 1 year and 6 months (at the end of the story), but he is about six months old for most of the story, equal to three years and six months in human years.

Physical Appearance:

Springy is a young giraffe with a slender build and long limbs. His most distinctive feature is his pair of springy hooves, acquired after a bed-jumping accident. These hooves propel him to incredible heights and give him a unique advantage in bouncing. Springy's coat is a light brown with darker spots, and his large, expressive eyes often reflect his emotions. As he grows older, his youthful awkwardness gives way to a more athletic frame, yet he maintains his gentle demeanour.

Personality:

Optimistic and Energetic: Springy is full of life and has an infectious enthusiasm for bouncing. He approaches everything positively and never loses sight of his dreams. Determined and Resilient: Despite facing hardships like losing his parents and overcoming challenges with his new hooves, Springy never gives up. He pushes himself to improve and overcomes obstacles with a never-say-die spirit. Loyal and Kind-Hearted: Springy cherishes his friends profoundly and is always willing to offer a helping hoof. He shows compassion to others, like Bouncy after her injury and Thornheart, who took him in. Clumsy and Awkward (at first): Springy's springy hooves take some getting used to, leading to comical stumbles and falls. However, he embraces his quirkiness and learns to use his unique ability. Open-Minded and Adaptable: Springy readily embraces new experiences and makes friends quickly. He adapts to life at Bounce and Beyond, thriving in competitive trampolining.

Likes:

Bouncing: Above all else, Springy loves to jump! He finds pure joy in defying gravity and pushing the limits of his unique springy hooves. Challenges: Springy thrives on challenges. He enjoys mastering new tricks and pushing himself to improve his bouncing skills. Friendship: Springy cherishes his friends and values their support. He enjoys spending time with them, bouncing together, and creating lasting memories. Helping Others: Springy has a kind heart and enjoys helping others. He uses his bouncing skills to entertain and inspire those around him. Discovery: Springy has a curious spirit and loves learning new things. He embraces new experiences and enjoys exploring the world, always looking for new places to bounce.

Dislikes:

Poachers: Springy harbours a deep resentment towards poachers who took his parents. He understands the importance of protecting animals and preserving the ecosystem. Giving Up: Springy dislikes discouragement and negativity. He believes in perseverance and encourages others to chase their dreams despite setbacks. Disorganisation: Springy appreciates a structured and organised environment. Messy or chaotic situations can be overwhelming for him. Losing: While competitive, Springy doesn't enjoy losing. However, he uses losses as learning experiences and strives to improve for future competitions. Limited Space: Springy feels constricted in environments with limited space to bounce. Open fields, giant trampolines, and any surface that allows him to express his love for jumping are ideal.