22

Kaito

"Do you two know each other?", He-ra speaks, her high pitched annoying voice and her bright pink Barbie like outfit, distracting me from the problem sitting next to me. 

"No", Vida responds. 

"Oh, well Kaito and I are friends and have been since we were kids, I used to hang out with him, Kenji and Yuji a lot after school or when our parents were hanging out", I roll my eyes at her statement. I don't understand why she keeps on saying we're friends, the way I remember it, my brothers and I spent our time trying to avoid her. 

"Really", Vida retorts, the sarcasm in her voice clearly went unnoticed by He-ra as she continued to yap about how close she is to us. Vida was clearly uninterested in what she had to say, and by the looks of it most of us didn't care either.

"Vida, allow me to introduce myself again. I'm Kenji Seojoon Kang, Kaito and Yuji's younger brother, you can call me Ken", the idiot speaks. 

 "Pleasure to meet you Ken. I am Vida Zaria Omer but you can just call me Vida", she responds. I never knew her second name was Zaria. 

"Beautiful names for a beautiful woman. Did I tell you how amazing you look tonight". He wasn't wrong, her names were unique and beautiful just like her. Kenji has always been a flirt, a sweet talker who knew which words to say to a girl and a very much annoying younger brother. I looked at Vida to see if she would fall for his tricks and she looked completely unbothered. I chuckled at her reaction and focused my attention onto my food.

Slowly the room was filled with laughter and conversations amongst everyone. I watched quietly as everyone in the room spoke, analyzing their body language and voice tone. The way humans functioned has always been a fascinating mystery to me. 

"Kaito, do you mind getting the cake I think we're ready to sing happy birthday", my uncle says and I nod.

"Sure, Vida do you mind helping me out", I get up and place my hand out for her to grab.

"I'll help you", He-ra interrupts. 

"No it's ok", Vida interjects, getting up from her seat and adjusting her dress. She ignores my hand walking right past me and out of the room. This woman. I follow behind her and only now as we're walking did I take the time to analyze her. She wore a gorgeous black dress that hugged her figure perfectly and paired it with a pair of black heels. I noted that she also let her natural hair hang low and it looked so good on her. She looked beautiful. So beautiful I resented her for it. 

"You enjoying the view", she mocks, I grab her arm and push her towards the wall, caging her in between my arms. 

"I'd be lying if I said I wasn't", I truthfully respond as I allowed myself to get lost in her brown eyes. To me she's the most beautiful woman, her beauty made her stand out, however her attitude and that fucking mouth of hers were the bane of my existence, I can't stand her.

"What are you playing at", I asked, feeling a little irritated yet amused by her actions. I can't figure her out, every time I think I'm ahead, she pops out a new trick from under her sleeves.

"Like I said before Kang, I don't know what you're talking about". She calmly responds, acting oblivious to her own little stunts.

"Vida, the rivalry is between me and you, why bring my mother into it", I calmly say as I tuck a strand of her curls behind her ear.

"She did give birth to you, I think it's fair to involve her in your little games, no?" She challenges.

"Vida", I warn. She wraps her arms around my neck pulling me down to her level, her intoxicating scent filling my space.

"Don't worry, I won't hurt her I just wanted to give you a little preview on who you're dealing with", she whispers placing a light tap on my cheek before pushing me off of her. In her attempt to walk away I grabbed the back of her neck, pulling her towards me as I wrap my free arm around her waist trapping her within my tall frame. 

"Let this be the first and final warning, Vida I will slaughter you and your entire family if you so happen to lay a finger on my mother. Do as you please with me love, but stay the fuck away from her", I warn, whispering into her ear just like she did to me a few seconds ago.

"Love? That's new", she points out, completely ignoring my warning and actions. I let her go and walk past her heading towards the kitchen with her following closely behind. I grab the cake and she grabs the bouquet of red roses, which are my mothers favorite and we make our way back to the room where everyone was waiting.