𝐆𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐟 𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐧

𝖲𝗈𝗇𝗀- 𝖭𝖾𝖾𝖽 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗇𝗈𝗐 𝖻𝗒 𝖫𝖺𝖽𝗒 𝖠𝗇𝗍𝖾𝖻𝖾𝗅𝗅𝗎𝗆 (𝗌𝗉𝖾𝖽 𝗎𝗉)

𝖳𝗐- 𝖺𝗅𝖼𝗈𝗁𝗈𝗅 𝗂𝗇𝗍𝗈𝗑𝗂𝖼𝖺𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇,𝗇𝖺𝗎𝗌𝖾𝖺, 𝖫𝗅𝗈𝗒𝖽 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖪𝖺𝗂𝗒𝖺 𝗇𝖾𝖾𝖽 𝖺 𝗁𝗎𝗀

𝖳𝖺𝗄𝖾𝗌 𝗉𝗅𝖺𝖼𝖾 𝖽𝗎𝗋𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗈𝗇𝖾 𝗒𝖾𝖺𝗋 𝗀𝖺𝗉 𝖻𝖾𝗍𝗐𝖾𝖾𝗇 𝖲𝖾𝖺𝗌𝖻𝗈𝗎𝗇𝖽 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖢𝗋𝗒𝗌𝗍𝖺𝗅𝗂𝗌𝖾𝖽

✩⁂✩⁂✩⁂✩⁂✩⁂✩⁂✩⁂✩⁂✩⁂✩⁂✩⁂✩⁂✩

Is this what grief feels like?

Of course she's felt grief before, she's lost people in her life before some being mere acquaintances she knew from Jamanakai village or work whilst others being more closer to her heart. She couldn't explain why Nya's sacrifice was only starting to affect her now, actually no she could it was because before she was doing everything in her power to focus her mind on anything else whether that be throwing herself head first into her job, or renovating the apartment until nothing else could be done redone, or insisting on buying a dog claiming that it'd be for Lloyds benefit to help him grieve cause dog are mans best friend, she did everything in her power to avoid the process of actually grieving of actually sitting herself down and processing the fact that Nya was gone and most likely never coming back. Maybe that's why when her breaking point finally came it came at full force. 

Lloyd had staged an intervention when she had returned from work claiming that Kaiya's new habit of trying to force her emotions into a small tiny box was incredibly unhealthy, she knew he was right, knew that it was an unhealthy habit and maybe that's why she got so defensive over it. She wouldn't call what happened a fight, more like a bicker (a very loud one) and that they didn't see eye to eye on the matter, when she realised that the discussion wouldn't turn out in her favour she angrily walked out of the apartment slamming the door louder than she attended to. 

Suffice to say she wasn't thinking straight and when she walked past Laughy's Karaoke Club which is a mere twenty minutes away from the apartment she definitely wasn't thinking and decided to head in. Kaiya couldn't recall how long she'd been in the bar for except that it starting to become dark outside now when she had entered it was still light out, she also couldn't recall just how many drinks she'd had at first she thought it was only one but when her thoughts began to blur into one and the headache began she knew it was more. When Kaiya had finished her most recent drink she saw a very concerned looking Dareth staring at her, she hadn't seen that type of worry from him since they were hiding away from the Sons of Garmadon.

"Kaiya, I think you've had way to much to drink" His voice sounded quiet to Kaiya and the sound of a high pitch ringing accompanied his words, Kaiya felt her head tilt slightly and a bunch of giggles left her lips. Dareth began to look even more worried at that immediately turning around and filling a cup of water for her, he placed it softly in front of her "here have a drink of this"

"no, no I'm not drunk" Kaiya slurred to her friend, she had a smile permanently painted to her lips however unbeknownst to her she had tears in her eyes. Dareth took notice to it and shaked his head in an almost sympathetic way, he lifted the bar flap up so he was no longer behind the counter instead taking a seat beside Kaiya on the stool situated infront of the countertop.

"at least have a sip of it" Dareth encouraged moving the glass of water closer to Kaiya, however when he saw the shakiness of Kaiya's hand when she went to lift the drink he immediately grabbed it and held it to her lip. She was definitely more drunk than he thought she was.