Chapter 6: The Contract

Ngayon ay nasa harap ako ni Argaran at inilapag ko na sa table niya yung contract na pinaghirapan ko kani-kanina lang. Mukhang busy rin siya sa kung anong ginagawa niya pero tinigil niya yun at tumingin siya sakin at sa papel na nilapag ko sa mesa.

"So this is the contract, huh?," he said while raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, read it carefully so we could discuss what it needs to be compromised," I replied.

He scanned the contract briefly and maya maya pa'y bigla namang naningkit ang mga mata niyang tumingin sakin.

"What's the meaning of this 'we could only have intimacy' in the third week of the month?" He asked.

I sighed knowing na itatanong niya nga 'yan. Seryoso akong tumitig sa kaniya pagkatapos.

"Please compromise on this one. I have a weak body, you know."

That's a lie... Well, partly that is. The reason bakit namatay ang original Iredione sa panganganak is because of her weak body. and remember the time I passed out because the aura of Argaran is too much for me? Yesh.

Anyways, I chose the third week of the month because it's the week before my period and I have a low chance of pregnancy during that time. My period is regular so it's not that hard to track it whether I'm fertile or there's a low chance of pregnancy. I really don't want to gave birth to Shion and die. If pwede lang, I could gave birth to him and we coud live together but I can't take the risk.  Shion will grow up lonely and fall at the hands of Argaran. I know Argaran is not as nice as everyone thinks. He's a monster.

I am still waiting for his response because he remain silent for a while. Magsasalita na sana ako but bigla siyang nagsalita.

"I see, if that's the case then we don't have a choice. I can't risk getting your body on harm either," he said habang hawak-hawak ang noo niya na nakatingin sakin.

I sighed in relief. Buti naman...

I thought he would become more persistent about this since his goal is to secure an heir. I'm glad he compromised to my request.

"Well, thank you----," naputol ang pagsasalita ko nang magsalita siya.

"Besides, you might not be able to handle me in bed though," he said with a sly smile.

I couldn't help but blushed and be embarrassed. Bigla kong naimagine how monster he is in the bed.

Can I really handle this man? This... Big, muscular man?

"I wonder what's my duchess is thinking right now," natatawa niyang sambit.

"S-Shut up! Just focus on reading the contract," medyo inis kong wika.

He continue to chuckle habang binabasa niya ang contract. I'll tell you what's inside the contract in order. So number one,  party A (me) and B (Argaran) have the freedom to do anything they want in the estate except for the trivial things, we still need the party A or B's permission to do it. Number two is party A and B are allowed to go to the places they want, of course with an escort or something. Number three, party A could visit their family in Vartharae. Number four, party A could invite guests in the estate. Number four, party A and party B cannot cheat with each other, they both must remain faithful with each other. Five, Party A and B mustn't share bed. Number six, party A and B could only have marital conduct during the third month of the week. Seven, both party may act as a couple in public, it is optional in private. Eight, party B cannot harm party A or party A's relatives.