Days Since Then

Summary: After years of being split apart from your group, due to being taken and relocated by the Saviors, you run in to not only one familiar face, but specifically, the one you were searching for this whole time

Warnings: strong language, apocalypse setting, swearing, mentions of knives, guns, bows, other weapons, mentions of killing (both humans and zombies), some descriptive text, reader gets taken by the saviors, mentions of scars, fighting, AGE GAP - friends to lovers, reader likes Daryl, Daryl hides the fact that he likes reader, some flirting, nothing too spicy lol

Word count: 4.9k | not edited also my first Daryl fic so be nice :)

A/N - I'm writing this for me, yes, but I'm also this for the ones who have a problem, I mean... are attracted to men old enough to be their father, so please do NOT read if age gap relationships make you uncomfortable! This also is more or less my version of the walking dead, the group meets Negan, but not like in the show.

ᖭི༏ᖫྀ ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ᖭི༏ᖫྀ ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ᖭི༏ᖫྀ ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ᖭི༏ᖫྀ

FIVEYEARS AGO

There was no denying that you were Daryl's favorite person to go on runs with, anyone that just showed up could tell you that.

You were fast. Efficient. Very get in and get out type of girl. You didn't fuck around, and Daryl loved that - but he'd never tell you that himself.

He also swore to never tell you that he wanted you around him because you made him happy in ways that he didn't really like to talk about.

You were like a breath of fresh air to him, you picked up what he liked and what he didn't like almost right away, you were one of the very few people that he didn't get tired of being around all the time, hence why you join him every time he goes on a run.

He wasn't much of a talker, the very first two runs together, you got a few mumbles out of him, mainly telling you where to go and when to look out.

But, that was until your third run of many run with Daryl. It would be silent, and he would almost scare you with just talking outright.

It wasn't more than a, 'how's your day?'

Or maybe a, 'ya sleep last night? Y'look tired'

You would always give him a quick, straight to the point response, 'tossed and turned all night, might need a new blanket or somethin'

Or you would tease him slightly with something along the lines of, 'Days better now that I'm out runnin' around with my bestie.'