glorified carrot

"A BOOK?" "A BOOK!" "A BOOK...". "IT'S JUST A BOOK", Aemrys accidentally added on, making the three siblings look under the bed. Helaena tilted her head, "What are you doing under there?". Aemrys shrugged, "Why are you looking through my dad's things?" she asked back.  Aemond chuckled softly as Aegon rolled his eyes. Aemrys got out from under the bed Aegon reluctantly helping her up. "Still a bastard." "SHUT UP AEGON!" the younger two of the siblings yell. Aegon raises his hands in surrender, "Alright. Seven hells...". Aemrys takes a glimpse at the book. "Hey, that's from my home. It's about witches." "See? Do you think she's a witch Aegon?" Aemond asks sarcastically. Aegon simply throws the book behind him, "Whatever.". "What is a bastard?". Helaena answers before her older brother could. "It just means you only know one of your parents, your actual parents." Aemrys then shrugs, "Oh ok." The siblings looked between each other confused. "You don't care?" Aegon questions. "No. My dad loves me and my mum. I am a Targaryen." Aegon smiles slightly at her response.

Steps coming towards the room alerts the four Targaryen children. "It must be my father-" "Bye." Aegon quickly disappears back through the secret passage. Helaena waving at her cousin before following. "Your Valyrian's really good", Aemond smiles and bows jokingly to Aemrys before leaving. Aemrys giggles then switches as her father enters the room.

Throughout the week that Daemon's family stayed in Kings Landing, Aemrys found herself spending most of her time with her cousins. Finding creatures with Helaena, studying with Aemond and playing with dragons and swords with Aegon (plus stealing some food from the kitchens). Little did they know, Viserys and Daemon had both been watching with careful eyes.

"They are at it again." Daemon mutters to his brother as they see Aegon and Aemrys are play fighting in the gardens. Viserys chuckles, "You don't sound pleased." "She is my daughter, I have a right to be worried Viserys.". The king nodded, "Of course.. Did you ever find out about the girl's mother?" Daemon visibly tensed. "She was a blood witch. Taenora." Viserys' eyes widened. "Taenora? The Heartless? Oh Daemon..." "Do not scold me, I am not in the mood." Viserys looks back down to Aemrys, smiling happily whilst Aegon played dead. "Does your wife-" "Of course." Daemon snaps but the softens, "Sorry." Viserys placed a hand on his brother's shoulder. "She will find out one day. Let's just hope later rather than sooner." Daemon nodded as his eyes fell back to his daughter, braiding Aegon's hair.

- that night - 

Viserys had declared that the entire family was to have a feast before Daemon and his family left for Pentos. And we all know how family dinners go...

With all of the adults seated on one side of the table and the kids on the other, Rhaenyra and Daemon's families on one side of Viserys with Alicent's on the other. Apart from the music being played through the room, the silence was deafening. Laena had decided not to attend, to take care of the twins. Aemrys was talking to Helaena, who was beside her, about their dreams from the previous night. All knew that Helaena was most likely a dragon dreamer, Aemrys possibly being one as well but it affected her in different ways. Alicent, being the ever 'vigilant' mother, cleared her throat. "Helaena eat, no chatting." Helaena nodded, being the sweetheart of the family, never wanting to start things.

Aemrys did not share the temperament.

Even if the girl was only five, she began to realise that this glorified carrot did not like her. So she glared at Alicent before rolling her eyes, which the Dowager Queen caught. "You know Aemra-" "Aemrys." The toddler said angrily, making Alicent glare in the slightest. Aemrys scoffed and used a word that Daemon had taught his daughter in case anyone ever angered her. "Mittys." (Idiot). Aemrys muttered as she stabbed at her food. Only a few people in the room coughed or spat out their food, everyone else was oblivious. Apart from Daemon of course, who just snorted and failed to hide his smirk. Viserys looked at Aemrys with wide eyes before glancing to Daemon with a glare. Who else would teach her that? Rhaenyra hid her smile behind her fingers, pretending to still be eating. 

"Well this is going well." Aegon declared as he sipped his wine.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

love, scar.

*VALYRIAN IS IN ITALICS*