in the hallway ✧

"You know im gonna win," Harry smirks, "why even try?"
You grin and look at Harry, "I would not be so confident."
The two of you are heading to a pub, specifically to play pool. Surprisingly you've never met before but it doesn't seem to be awkward or strange and you're just chatting about whatever comes to mind.
"Say what you want, we both know that im gonna win," confidence radiates off of him like rays off the sun.
He holds open the pub door as you step in, "Right order me a lime & soda vodka, make sure it's strong please."
He raises an eyebrow and smiles, "Is that a joke?"
"Does it sound like one? You're the rich youtuber, im the unemployed graduate whos new to the city you should have some pity on me Harry Lewis."
You pat his back before heading over to the pool tables, as you turn the corner you bump into someone's chest.
"Shit, sorry wasn't concentrating," you apologise, not daring to face the person.
A familiar laugh echos around the room as someone speaks up, "Most action George has got in months,"
As you step away and look around you see the man you've just bumped into is George, and the familiar laugh was obviously Will. Stephen and Arthur are also all stood around the room.
"Fucking hell, everyones here," Harry smiles and passes over your drink.
"Right come on then Guernsey, lets see these skills," you say picking up a pool cue as Harry starts setting up the table.

Lining up the cue with the white ball and your final ball, you confidently tap it into the hole. "Have that! I fucking won," you cheer, pointing and jeering at Harry.
"Fair enough, fair enough," he replies bringing you into a swift hug, patting your back, "Shouldn't have underestimated you just because your a Lenney."
"Oi, whats that supposed to mean you inbred bastard," Will shouts over, laughing at his own joke.

You step away from the crowd a minute to head to the bathroom, as your walking through the hallway to the bathroom you're met by an all too familiar face.
"Juli, baby," the man says while buttoning up the top of his shirt, "I knew you'd come to your senses."
You raise an eyebrow as he gets closer to you, the stench of beer surrounds him and smells intoxicating.
"Uhm what the fuck are you doing?" You raise your hand and put it on the centre of his chest, pushing him away to a safer distance.
"Juli, you know we're meant to be, I made one little mistake, you can't just let our whole relationship go to waste-"
"Back to my place-?" A fit, redhead girl struts our the bathroom behind him, raking her fingers through her hair, a fresh red hickey planted on her neck, "Oh my bad, didn't realise you were in a conversation."
As your eyes run over her slightly disheveled appearance you understand the situation, "No, no don't you worry babes, I was just on my way out," you lock eyes with Luke, giving him a cold sneer, "I hope the two of you have a lovely night."

You backtrack out of the hallway and head straight for the bar. "Two shots of tequila, please."
"Slow down, that seems a bit ambitious."
Turning to your right, your met with the sight of Arthur, who gives you an intrigued yet slightly concerned look as you pick up the first shot.
Necking it down you quickly respond, "You clearly don't know me very well if you think I can't handle a drink."
As you pick up the other one, Arthur takes it and downs it himself.
"Right, now, I did pay for that so you owe me," you shake your head and sigh loudly.
Sensing your bad mood Arthur speaks up, "Are you alright, Jules?"

The little nickname he uses, Jules, makes you blush slightly, nobody ever uses that.

"Just seen someone I didn't particularly want to see," you frown looking down at the empty shot glass.
"With somebody else?" he mutters.
You nod, "I don't care about him anymore but it's rough knowing that he was probably doing the exact same thing when I was dating him to another girl, feels like a waste of a year and a half."
He frowns, "Im sorry, you don't deserve that Jules,"
"I'd hope that you didn't think that I deserved that," you laugh lightheartedly.
"You know what I mean," he awkwardly pats your back, "Can I buy you a drink?"
"I'll never say no to a free drink," you grin, "Lime & soda vodka,"
He calls over the bartender and orders the drink, plus something for himself.
"Cheers," he grins, clinking his glass with yours.
You down half of the drink, wincing slightly at the strength as Arthur looks on.
"Thats weirdly impressive," he laughs.