Connections

SMALL DISCLAIMER BEFORE YALL READ ‼️

(I may have added my own characters into here because I think I want to write my own AU about them but idk if I should 😖 this is just so y'all can get a feel for them ‼️)

(BTW THIS IS BEFORE COLE AND KEITH MADE PEACE THEY ARE STILL BEEFING‼️)

—————

Cole was sitting in the hard wooden chair in front of the cold desk, staring off into the whiteboard that had the words 'DETENTION' written on it in bold black dry erase marker. The supervisor being a tired middle aged man just wanting to get a paycheck and go home, only there to make sure students don't stab kids eyes out with a pencil.

Cole's leg was bouncing around underneath the desk, trying to contain his anger that smoldered for Keith's dumbass.

The memory played in his head over and over again repeatedly, the memory of Keith shoving Peter into a locker and smacking him upside the head. Cole's hands were still balled up into fists like how they were when he watched the whole scene unfold right in front of his eyes, and his mouth twitching with fury like how he yelled at Keith and shared some nasty words with him.

That's what led him to detention in the first place, if he didn't say those things he probably wouldn't be here right now.

But even though both Cole and Keith were still pissed off at each other, the good ol' admin decided to put them in the same detention. Together.

Cole sat at the farthest desk from Keith, who sat in the very back to right, which made Cole sit in the very front to the left.

Cole couldn't stop thinking about stupid Keith, how much he just wanted to grab Keith's ugly face and twist it till his eyeballs popped out and his nose was all bent and broken. Cole hated feeling angry. He hated how it felt all tight and sore in his chest and how his throat closed up with the need to start screaming.

The way it makes him want to claw at his own face and rip out all of his teeth, and how he just wants to start going crazy. Anger was the worst part about Cole, and he knew that. And he hated how he knew that it was the worst part about Keith. And how no matter how many times he tells Keith to leave him and Peter alone, he just won't do it. And he hates that he was just like that once.

Cole was ripped out of his storming thoughts by the sound of Keith giggling. Fucking giggling.

He tilted his head slightly to see what Keith could possibly be laughing at, and he was met with Keith's eyes staring right at him.

Keith almost looked pleased that Cole turned around and saw him laughing, like he was happy that Cole was humiliated deep down over Keith's carelessness.

Cole didn't want to cause anymore trouble, but the burning fire within him went all the way up into his throat and out of his mouth.

"What are you laughing at?" Cole said firmly, pinching his eyebrows together in annoyance.

Keith returned the gesture, taking the confrontation as a threat. He was now chuckling with a firm face and a grin, making a condescending expression.

"What do you think, bear bait?" Keith chuckled with aggression in his voice. Cole's jaw tightened as he tried to calm himself down, at this point it was just getting annoying. Keith was just saying these things to get a rise out of Cole, and Cole was getting tired of it.