Explosive Temper

When Kathrine woke up, she found out that she was in her bed. She then heard a soft snore beside her and the events that happened that night came back to her.

Maybe Entity was right. I am a monster. A disaster waiting to happen. Last night made that clear. Kathrine was still pretty shaken by the whole thing, and thought maybe it was best to leave so she didn't put them in danger.

Kathrine heard a yawn next to her followed by the sound of cracking joints.

"Morning." Ed smiled as he moved the chair closer to the bed. "How you doing?"

"I'm fine I guess." Kathrine answered, not really the most convincing. She sighed as she sat up. "I thank you for all that you've done for me, but I think it would be wise if I went home."

This took Ed by surprise. "Wait, what? I thought we were going to figure this out?"

"I am, but I don't want anyone to get hurt." Kathrine hugged herself, in fear of her abilities starting up again. "I didn't hurt anyone last night, did I?"

"No, no one was hurt." Ed assured her. "You don't have to-"

"But I do." Kathrine interrupted him in a quiet voice. "You don't know what I am, nor what I'm capable of. We were lucky last night. Who's to say it won't happen again. What if it's worse? What if I actually hurt someone next time, or worse?" The anxiety and helplessness inside Kathrine slowly grew. She then said in a much quieter voice. "He was right. I am a monster."

Ed barely heard her last statement and anger suddenly skyrocketed inside him. "You are no monster. Who dared to call you a monster?" he growled. 

Ed's sudden change in tone slightly scared Kathrine. Her voice was temporarily caught in her throat.

Ed noticed this and his voice softened, realizing his mistake. "Sorry, that anger wasn't toward you. You are not a monster. You might have different abilities, but that doesn't make you a monster. Please, what happened last night?"

Kathrine shrank a little, remembering what was said.

"No! Not here again!"

"But this is where you belong."

"No! Leave me alone!"

"But you're one of us. Once the people who trapped me here find out what you really are, they will turn their back on you, and lock you up. You are a creation like no one has ever seen. The only people who will accept a Monster like you is us. Everyone else will hate you."

"NO! I'm not a Hybrid or Monster!"

"You're right. You're so much more. You are a very dangerous and the most powerful Monster Multibrid..."

"Hey, Kathrine." Ed brought her out of her flashback. "I want to help, but I can't if you don't let me." His voice was full of concern.

Kathrine took a shaky breath. "I-I-I had a terrible nightmare. I-I was-" She stopped mid-sentence, burying her face in her hands. She couldn't take the memories of the trauma that began to flash in her head.

Kathrine felt strong arms wrap around her. At first she had the urge to pull away in fear of hurting him, but Ed's gentle voice calmed her.

"It's ok. You can tell me when you're ready. But tell me; Who called you a monster?"

"E-Entity."

Kathrine felt Ed's muscles tighten slightly around her. "He's behind all of this?"

Kathrine just nodded her head, unable to speak as she cried in Ed's chest.