CHAPTER 5: NIGHTMARE DRESSED LIKE A DAYDREAM

I can't still forget what happened yesterday. I couldn't ask for more. I wouldn't change a thing. I want this to stay the same.

I'm still repeating the moment I had with Ralph in my mind until I got a nap and had a dream.

The man who wears all white at the beach, it's him in my dreams. I'm trying to get near to him. Now I can see his face clearly, I touched his cheeks but I don't know him, he is not familiar. He's trying to tell me something but I woke up because my phone is ringing. 

**Ralph's calling..

"Hello my princess, I've been texting but you're not replying so I decided to call you. You made me worry."

"I'm sorry. I was sleeping what is it?"

"What is it? Nothing I just wan to greet you a good afternoon and happy lunch."

"Thank you, Prince. I'll eat now then."

"Okay, eat well. I'm hangin' up. I love you."

Before I answer it, he hang it up already. Then I remember the man in my dreams.

While Ralph on the other side of the world, hanging out with his friends which I don't know.

After the phone call**

Amiel: Whoooa. Hearts all over your face. Did you just say I love you? 

Ralph: I just need to sugarcoat words so she'll believe me.

Amiel: Well, I hope that's the only reason. 

Ralph: Of course what would be more?

Amiel: Okay, I'll just zip my mouth. Cheers to the man of steel!

While I am here in my room, still feeling uneasy because of that dream. I don't know but I felt the need to see him. I feel that what he's trying to say is something very important so I decided to discuss this odd dream with Ralph.

**Pauleen's calling

AMIEL:

"Ralph your princess is calling you. Looks like she needs a prince's hug." (Evil laugh)

RALPH:

"Give me that phone!"

"What's the matter my princess?"

PAULEEN:

"Nothing. I just want to say something."

RALPH:

"Can't it wait until Monday?"

PAULEEN:

"But it bothers me."

RALPH:

"See you later then. I'll drop by."

PAULEEN:

"Okay. I'll wait. See you!"

------

RALPH:

"I'll be going first tonight brother."

AMIEL:

"Why? To comfort your girl?"

RALPH:

"No! I'll be going now. Bye."

AMIEL:(shouting while Ralph is leaving the bar house)

"I bet the man of steel is falling in love!"

------

**Doorbell rung

"What's the matter Pauleen?"

"I had a weird dream. I dreamt of a man. It seems like a deja vu. I think I saw him at the beach. But I'm not quite sure."

"O c'mon Pauleen. It took two hours of driving for me to see you. I thought it is something important. It's just a dream. How childish. What's the big deal?"

"Why are you getting mad? Are you drunk? I thought you'll understand me 'cos you're my boyfriend after all."

"That's the point Pauleen. It is not me that will always understand you. Get rid of that weird dream. It's just a dream. A DREAM Pauleen."

"Thank you for coming Ralph, I appreciate it. But I guess it's not the right time for us to talk."

(And Ralph walks out, leaving Pauleen's eyes in tears.)

It was 8:15 in the evening and I decided to walk around our village to get some fresh air. 

I think it's just 12 steps away from our house when I see a man walking towards me. I'm feeling nervous. Thinking that he's a ghost. But, I saw his feet on the ground. 

His getting nearer and nearer. It's a bit blur but how was his posture seems familiar.

PAULEEN:

"It's you!"

MAN:

"Me? You know me?" (with shaky voice)

"Yes I know you. What's your name?"

"You said you know me then why you are asking for my name?"

"I've seen you in Baler and I dreamt of you last night."

"So you already knew it?"

"Knew what?"

"Nevermind. By the way I'm Ervin."

"And I'm..."

"Pauleen right?"

"You know me?"

"We're just in a little  village that's why I know you."

--------

And I went home. So its ERVIN -- the man in my dreams.