CHAPTER 8: REAL EYES REALIZING REAL LIES

Ralph talking to himself:

"I should not feel this. I should not be paranoid. I don't know, but why I'm getting jealous? Part of me aches at the thought of her being close yet untouchable. I can't stop myself to overthink. Lucky are those who find true love at the right time. I think I do like her, no I guess its love. Why life?"

AMIEL:

"Did I hear it right? Man of steel is in love?"

"I think so. I want her to be my future and all."

"Wait! Are you not sick? Seriously? How about our deal?"

"That's what I'm afraid of. My mind is full of what ifs now. I want to be serious to her, I want this to be real. No deal. But what if she finds out that it all started here? It will break her heart and I don't want her to feel that."

"Finally Ralph. You're now on the right track. That's what I wanted you to learn. I'm sorry that you need to experience it in a harsh way. But how come you realize it on a sudden?"

"I got jealous."

"To whom?"

"Ervin. You know him of course"

"Yes, we're peers on an organization."

"And he knows about the deal. And I know he likes Pauleen."

"But how come did he know?"

"He investigated. That's how he loves Pauleen. He doesn't want her to get hurt and that's what all I did to her."

"What will you do now Ralph."

"I don't know. I have to weeks left. I need to correct what I've done. I'll tell her the truth."

"What if she'll hate for doing such act?"

"It's okay. I don't want to make fool again with her. Wish me luck brother."

"I'm so proud of you bro."

Ralph texted me. He wanted to talk to me in person as soon as possible.

After class, as usual, we met on the rooftop. He's already there when I came.

"What's the matter? I bet it's very important."

He did not say a word. And as I look into his eyes he's crying. I felt sadness in my heart and automatically hugged him.

"Spit it out Ralph."

He cannot say even a single word. I can feel his pain on my bones. I held her pinky finger. I don't know what to do. That's the first time I saw him like that. It's a very different Ralph.

"I know you'll be mad if I say it. But please know that It's still me, Ralph who loves you like a princess."

His words are getting through my nerves.

"Say it now or else I'll have my mini heart attack."

"I'm sorry, Paulene. Sorry."

"Why sorry, Ralph? All you did is to love me, you made me feel that I am a real princess."

"No Pauleen, it's not that. It all started in a deal, I had a deal with my brother that if I make you say yes to me and we last for at least 3 months he will gave me my sports car. When me finding out that someone loves you the way I do, or better than I do. It made me realize things. I want you to be mine, Pauleen. For real. I'm really sorry. I know you're mad."

"I'm not mad, I'm hurt. There's a difference. What have I done to you to make terrible things with me? There's a lot of girls why did you chose me? Why did you do this to me, Ralph?"

My heart was shattered into pieces, pieces that I think will be very hard to make it whole again. It can never be fixed. You can never fix a broken heart.

"I salute you for the bravery to say. I know it took courage to say it. But Ralph, know that I'm not a doll that you can play on. I'm sorry too, but I can't give you what you want. I can't give you my forgiveness."

"Pauleen, please. I'll not give up on us. I will do anything for me not to lose you."

"Us Ralph? It is just me who believe that we have us. Not knowing that you have another reason for staying by my side."

I went home with tears on my face. Yes I was deeply hurt. I am alone now in my dark room. My mom was a call center agent, night shift. All night I was just crying until I fell asleep. As I woke up I went to the bathroom and saw my eyes are bulging. I dressed up for school anyway.