Chapter 4

"You picked a dance with the devil."

As Caitlin Clark appeared before Raven once again, a sense of frustration and anger simmered beneath the surface. It felt as though fate was playing a cruel game, forcing Raven to repeatedly confront the one person she couldn't seem to escape. With a newfound sense of defiance, Raven met Caitlin's gaze, her eyes smoldering with a mix of irritation and determination.

"Don't want to dance, huh?" Raven's words dripped with anger as she spoke, her voice laced with an edge that cut through the pulsating rhythm of the music.

Caitlin's response was a devious smirk as she tightened her hold on Raven's waist, drawing her closer with an air of confidence. "What can I say, you convinced me," she replied, her tone dripping with amusement.

Raven rolled her eyes at Caitlin's response, refusing to let her get under her skin. "Yeah, right," she muttered dismissively, her frustration mounting with each passing moment.

But Raven wasn't about to back down. Two could play this game, she thought to herself as she began to flirt dangerously, her body moving in sync with Caitlin's in a seductive dance of defiance. She could feel Caitlin tense up at her boldness, a flicker of uncertainty crossing her features.

As Raven smirked triumphantly, she suddenly felt Caitlin's warm breath against her neck, sending a shiver down her spine. Raven reached behind and placed her hands around Caitlin's neck. In that moment, the world seemed to fade away, leaving only the two of them locked in a dance of desire and frustration. Their bodies moved as one, their heartbeats merging with the pulsating rhythm of the music, and Raven couldn't help but wonder if perhaps fate had a different plan in store for them after all.

As Caitlin's whispered words tickled Raven's ear, a surge of irritation coursed through her veins. "You know if I didn't know any better I'd say you're a fan of mine."

She scoffed at Caitlin's suggestion, her voice dripping with disdain. "Oh, please, I can barely stand you," she retorted, her tone laced with defiance.

But Raven's bravado faltered as she felt Caitlin's smirk against her neck, sending tingles down her spine. Quickly regaining her composure, Raven squared her shoulders, refusing to let Caitlin see how much she affected her.

"Whatever you say, princess," Caitlin remarked teasingly, her voice like velvet against Raven's skin.

"Don't call me that," Raven shot back, her irritation clear in her tone.

Caitlin's response was a simple hum of amusement. "Hmm, does it bother you?" she teased, a playful glint in her eyes.

"Yes, I'm not your princess, Clark," Raven replied angrily, her frustration bubbling to the surface.

"Not yet," Caitlin stated with a hint of mischief, her words sending a surge of anger coursing through Raven's veins.

Suddenly overcome with pent-up frustration, Raven pushed against Caitlin, anger flashing in her eyes as she angrily turned to walk away. But before she could take more than a few steps, Caitlin's quick reflexes kicked in, her hand shooting out to grab Raven's waist and reel her back in. Raven's hands clenched Caitlin's tie, pulling her close enough for Caitlin's breath to warm Raven's neck. The scent of Clark's cologne lingered in the air, thick with desire.

"Going somewhere?" Caitlin's voice dripped.

"Yes, away from you," Raven retorted angrily, her heart pounding with a mixture of frustration and desire.

"You're not doing a very good job, are you," Caitlin remarked, her smirk widening as she observed Raven's attempts to break free from her grasp.

"If you let me go, I would be," Raven shot back, her voice dripping with anger and frustration.