12

After Qin Pengpeng came back from the county, her life didn't change much. She just gave the set of books to her brother with a reason she had already thought of.

In addition to taking care of her own studies, she also supervised her brother to study hard. In addition to studying, Qin Pengpeng often secretly added rice to her rice jar or oil to her oil bottle when everyone in the family was out. Except for Mother He, who often counted the things at home and wondered why the food was so durable recently, no one else noticed.

The days in the brigade passed day by day, and soon it was the end of the month that Qin Pengpeng and Sister Lin had agreed on.

That morning, after everyone in the family had left, Qin Pengpeng packed her bag and put several small bags of flour and other food that she had prepared in the jade pendant mall the day before into the bag. She planned to let Sister Lin take them back to test the waters this time.

She was not worried that Sister Lin would refuse. Last time, Sister Lin's last few words showed that she was wavering. Even if she went back to ask her family, as long as they were not stupid, they would know that this was definitely a great thing and no one would be stupid enough to refuse.

It was a good day at the end of the month, with wind and clouds, and the sun was not very hot.

Qin Pengpeng arrived at the big banyan tree at around 8 o'clock. At this time, there was basically no one in the team. Some went to work, some washed clothes, or did housework at home. There were no people on the road, not even a dog.

Although she thought she had arrived early enough, Sister Lin, who was afraid that the girl would regret it and miss such a good thing, had already been waiting there.

Sister Lin, with an anxious look on her face, kept walking back and forth under the tree. Her steps were not big, but very messy. It was not until she saw Qin Pengpeng walking slowly in the distance that her anxiety dissipated. She took a long breath and calmed down.

After hearing Qin Pengpeng's request that day, Sister Lin was indeed very tempted, but her son was always the one who made the decisions at home, so she couldn't agree to it right away and said she would go back to ask her family.

After returning home, Sister Lin thought more and more that this was a reliable thing. Her family didn't have much money, so even if they were cheated, what could they be cheated of?

After waiting until the evening, Sister Lin's son and daughter-in-law came home from get off work, and Sister Lin couldn't wait to tell them about this matter and wanted to ask their opinions.

Sister Lin's husband died very early. Her son and daughter-in-law all work in the county's silk mill. They are very filial to their mother and mother-in-law. People who know her say that although Sister Lin was not very lucky in the early days and had a long hard life, she raised a promising and filial son and married a very good wife, so she can finally enjoy happiness.

Sister Lin feels very proud of her son and daughter-in-law's filial piety. She thinks that the lives of ordinary people are either sweet first and bitter later, or bitter first and sweet later. Now she has suffered and can enjoy happiness.

However, the good days did not last long. It is not that the son and daughter-in-law are not filial, but that they have a child, that is, Sister Lin's grandson.

Raising a child is not as simple as imagined. It is quite simple to just want to keep the child alive and not starve to death or freeze to death, but this is only the most basic. If you want to raise the child well, the energy and money you have to spend are huge.

Sister Lin has only one little grandson, so of course she wants to give him the best. It is because her daughter-in-law has no milk that she went to the black market to find some good things to supplement her. She cannot let her grandson starve.