Chapter Two: -The Grapevine-

The morning came around, and I heard the noise from the alarm clock that belonged to Madalyn. I stirred around a little before stretching when I heard her start moving around after she hopped out of bed.

I opened my eyes to see her walking around to her dresser, then grabbed some clothes out. I watched her for a moment until she left the room, then I yawned before removing the blanket from my body.

Once I stood up, I walked towards the window and admired the morning view. I smiled as I looked around before walking to my dresser to grab clothes to wear for today.

It was currently eight in the morning, and classes do not start until nine. I chose a morning class because I prefer that than classes that started later in the day. I feel more energetic in the morning time rather than later, so I had to make sure that the classes I chose were morning.

After I was settled in last night, Madalyn and I talked throughout the evening. We didn't leave the dorm because everyone was still roaming around as they were being dropped off, so we stayed inside and chatted.

It was my first day, and I was already feeling excited. I couldn't wait to start classes, meet new people and enjoy this new life.

As I left the dorm, I walked down the hall to find the showers. I smiled at everyone that I walked by, making them smile back as I finally found the bathroom, and entered them.

After my shower, I dried off and walked back to my dorm with the towel wrapped around me. I didn't mind the stares as other girls were passing me because we all had the same body, so it didn't bother me to have them stare at me like I was a demented.

Once I entered the dorm, I was dressed in a matter of seconds, in fear that Madalyn would walk in at any moment. I pulled my hair up then wrapped the towel around it before sitting down on my bed.

The door opened and Madalyn walked inside our dorm, making eye contact with me before smiling. I smiled back, politely before looking at my papers for my classes. I could already feel myself becoming overwhelmed with excitement, and my nerves were completely shot.

"How was your first night of sleep?" Madalyn asked as she sat at her desk. I looked over at her as she was combing her hair while glancing in the mirror, then her eyes landed on mine.

"It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be." I smiled, making her giggle. "I knew I wouldn't have a problem sleeping."

"I remember my first night here." She sighed as I watched her from across the room. She was brushing her hair out before placing the brush on the desk, then looking at me through the mirror. "I was terrified of being in a place that I was unsure about. I didn't have friends, yet."

"What year are you currently in now?"

"My second." She smiled, making me smile back as she looked down at her desk. "Next year will be my last."

"Best of luck for you when you graduate." I spoke, making her smile at me through the mirror. I finished getting ready afterwards, then brushed through my hair as I blow-dried it.

I sat at Madalyn's desk as I fixed my hair, which made me ponder for a moment as I couldn't come to the agreement of pulling my hair up into a ponytail or leaving it down and styling it.

"What do you think?" I ask Madalyn as she was at her bed. She looked over at me before walking to me, and standing behind me as I was sitting in the chair.

I studied her face through the mirror as it was it determination. She smiled at me after a moment had passed.

"Pull it back as if you're going to pull it into a low ponytail, but if I may, allow me to braid parts of your hair and style the rest." She said, making me stare at my reflection in the mirror for a moment, pondering the thought of her touching me. "If that is ok." She spoke.