Burining words

I'm still alive but I'm barley breathing, just praying to a god that I don't believe in , cuz I got time while she got freedom. When a heart breaks it don't break even. •••Max Schneider cover of breakeven.

Tessa's P.O.V.

"I'm Max..Max Schneider, will you please tell me who gave you all these cuts and bruises. I promise I won't judge you" he said while continuing to carrie me. I could feel his muscles tense in anticipation of my answer. I don't know why but I felt like I could trust this boy..... I mean it's not like I'll ever see him again after tomorrow.

" People tend not to like me at school. To them i am just a worthless fat ugly orphan. My brother doesn't know, I keep it covered or if it's bad enough I blame it on a fight." I trailed off, to ashamed to even look him in the eyes. I felt his whole body tense up underneath me. We stopped at my house but i didn't want to face my brother

" please go to the back, Id rather not have to explain about a fight that didn't happen right now." I whispered into his chest and he changes directions. He walked straight to the hammock and lowered me gently onto it.

I slowly brought myself to look him in the eyes and I saw frustration and anger in them. I whimpered and push myself closer to the net.

" Oh no , I'm not mad at you. I'm mad at the people who did this to you. Can you show me where they hurt you ?" he said, his look now pleading with me silently. I honestly didn't want to, but he was being so nice. I slowly nodded and moved my hair back and pulled my shirt up. I heard his gasp and I looked down to my stomach an winced at the sight. It was blotched in purple, blue , and black bruises. My ribs were the worst though. They were covered completely with bruises. Not a piece of my pale white skin could be seen.

" I'm so sorr-" he was cut off by my brother screaming

" what are you doing Tessa!!!" he stalked toward me am I lowered my shirt. I know what it must have looked like but he should know my better that that. In his eyes I saw anger and disgust.

" what in the hell. I thought you were better than that! Mom and dad would be ashamed!!!" he yelled but his mouth snapped shut at his last sentence and regret and sorrow seeped into his eyes. The tears were already leaking out one by one silently. Nothing had happened between max and I. I don't even know him, but the fact that my brother would think I would ever do something like that and then to top it off with a cherry he said what he said about mom and dad. It honestly tore me apart. I jumped off the hammock and ignored the pain in my ankle , the pain was by far overpowered by the pain in my heart.

" Tessa wait! I didn't mean it I swear!!"my brother William yelled towards me but I just shook my head and let more tears fall as I limped up the stairs. My room was no longer comforting without the pictures of my family. I just laid there and cried.

Why would he say that. That little sentence cut me deeper than anything Victoria had ever said or anyone else at school. I knew my parents would be ashamed of what I had become. I was a shell of myself. Covered in scars. Some self inflicted and sone by others. I took what people did to me without fighting back. I was pathetic and planned on changing it.

________________________

Max pov next

•*•*•* Serenity*•*•*•