Epilogue

The airport buzzed with the usual hustle and bustle of travelers, the echo of announcements blending with the murmur of countless conversations. Ishan and his family, along with Aditi, stood together near the check-in counters, their bags packed and ready for the flight back to their country. The past weeks had been a whirlwind of emotions, and now, as they prepared to leave, a mix of relief and sadness filled the air.

Ishan glanced at Shubman, standing a little apart from the group, his expression unreadable. The urge to ask him to stay, to never leave his side, gnawed at him, but fear held him back. What if Shubman didn’t feel the same? What if he was just a temporary solace amidst the chaos? Ishan’s heart ached with uncertainty.

Shubman, on the other hand, was struggling with his own turmoil. The thought of Ishan leaving made his chest tighten painfully. He wanted to tell Ishan to stay, to confess that he couldn’t imagine his life without him. But doubt clouded his mind. Was it selfish to ask Ishan to stay when he had a whole life waiting for him back home? He clenched his fists, trying to gather the courage to speak.

Aditi was chatting with Shahneel, unaware of the silent battle raging in Shubman and Ishan’s hearts. Shahneel, however, had a determined look on her face.She took a deep breath and turned to Aditi, her eyes shining with love and nervous excitement.

"Aditi, can I talk to you for a minute?" Shahneel asked, his voice trembling slightly.

"Sure, Shahneel. What’s up?" Aditi replied, smiling warmly.

Shahneel led her a few steps away from the group, his heart pounding. She took her hands in her, looking deeply into her eyes. "Aditi, these past weeks have been incredible. I’ve seen how strong and caring you are, and I’ve fallen in love with you. I can’t imagine my life without you. Will you marry me?"

Aditi’s eyes widened in surprise, and tears filled her eyes. "Oh, Shahneel, I... I don’t know what to say."

"Say yes," she whispered, her voice filled with hope and love.

Aditi looked at her, heart swelling with happiness. "Yes, Shahneel. Yes, I’ll marry you."

The group, having overheard the proposal, erupted into cheers and applause. Ishan hugged Aditi tightly, his own emotions bubbling to the surface. "I’m so happy for you, Aditi. You deserve all the happiness in the world."

Shubman, watching the joyous moment, felt a surge of determination. If Shahneel could muster the courage to propose, then so could he. He took a deep breath and walked over to Ishan, his heart pounding in his chest.

"Ishan," Shubman began, his voice shaking. "I... I need to talk to you."

Ishan turned to him, his eyes filled with curiosity and a hint of hope. "What is it, Shubman"

Shubman fumbled for words, his heart racing. "Ishan, these past few weeks have been so intense, you know? We've been through so much together, and I just... I wanted to say that, well, I really appreciate everything you've done. I mean, you've been so strong, and you've held everything together even when things seemed impossible."

Ishan’s heart sank a little. He hoped Shubman would say something more, something about staying together. But he listened, nodding, waiting for the words he longed to hear.

"And," Shubman continued, "I just think you're an incredible person. I don't know how I would've gotten through all this without you. You've been my rock, Ishan. You've been... you've been everything."

Ishan's chest tightened with disappointment. Each time Shubman spoke, he hoped for an "I love you" or a "stay with me," but it never came. He forced a smile, his eyes betraying his inner turmoil. "Thanks, Shubman. That means a lot to me."