05 : that summer morning

My reflection in rear view window caught your eye that summer morning

My reflection in rear view window caught your eye that summer morning. Time passing up, the quick exchanges turned into opting for longer routes to borrow extra minutes from our hectic schedules. Your veiny hands made their way from clutching the wheel to ruffling my wet hair. Shy tint on cheeks replaced by rolling off the bed to pull the other closer; nose poking the warm cheeks. The look in your eye meant to write romantic poetry during our grey hair days, until your shoulders found my weight too heavy to push. Kissing in changing room of thrift stores paved my way of decorating my nights with your slowed breaths. Watching you dance in your levi's, cooking and burning the pancakes,second hard car rides filled with laughing with all our evil teeth.  Quick fixes all over our spilled sink of emotions.After three summers playing in my backyard you realised I ain't the looking for, that the shine in my thoughts didn't bewitch you no more. That time spent felt like a corporate job, that kisses shared felt like incurring debt of missed lovers. That sunday breakfast felt like the wrong colour on the palette, that your love is the right stroke on the wrong canvas. All our lessons and encyclopedia about another wasted on buying cheap drinks at bar, all our confessions and memories rusting on the shelf besides the brown door you walked out.

All's the same
season's changing
people talking
flowers wilting
face under twilight
but I fell in love tonight
my feet glued to
that summer m o r n i n g