I

Scott POV

"Love you sweetheart!" Mum called as she waved to the window of the train.

"Love you!" I called back. I gave Dad a nod and smile and he gave me a thumbs up. I waved and watched as he went out of sight. Knock, knock, knock. I turned to the door and a girl with bright pink hair pushed another girl with sandy hair in.

"You say it!" The pinkette whispered.

"Hi!" She started in an Australian accent.

"Hi," I replied.

"Well, me and my friend Lizzie," she said, referring to the girl behind her, "we are struggling to find a compartment, would you mind if we sat here?"

"No, I'm Scott, what's your name?" She came in and as she was sitting down, extended her hand for me to shake and said,

"I'm Pearl, Pearl Moon, are you new?"

"Yeah." I was expecting Pearl to reply but it was the girl called Lizzie that spoke,

"Hope you're Ravenclaw! Like us!" I smiled and nodded excitedly.

"Lizzie where are—" a male voice came from the door as it opened. "Oh..."

"Hey Jim! This is Scott! Come and sit down!" Lizzie said happily seeming to have broken out of the shyness she had seemed to have when she first entered. "Scott, this is my little brother Jimmy."

"H-hi," I stuttered. Why do I feel like this? I'm never normally nervous when I meet new people.

He smiled and sat down next to me.

Time skip

"First years over here!" A booming voice called and so I took Jimmys hand and led him over to the source of the voice. We had gotten along well on the train. He shared many interests with me and we especially bonded over our love of poppies.

Time skip to the sorting

I was so nervous. What if I'm not magical enough. I mean, me and Xornoth are Muggleborn. I was barely listening to the sorting. A girl called Katherine Elizabeth became the first Hufflepuff and was joined by some other first years. Then, "Major Scott" I walked up to the hat with shakey legs. Hmmmm it's talking to me!? Bravery yes, ambition yes, loyalty yes, and plenty of smarts. Now where should I put you? I know

"RAVENCLAW!" I smiled as the cheering and clapping started. I went and sat next to Pearl.

"Look! It's Xornoth!" I watched with bated breath as he went up. There was a slight pause then,

"SLYTHERIN!" I looked at him sadly and waved at him as he made his way to the Slytherin table. He was joined by his boyfriend a few minutes later.

Jimmy was called up and I could hear Lizzie's quickened breath. "HUFFLEPUFF!" I could almost hear her disappointment.

That night

"Do you want me to help you find your dorm and dorm mates?" Lizzie asked.

"Sure—" but before I could finish she yelled,

"Who's in dorm number 4?"

"Me! And Martin!" A boy with brunette hair and llama ears. "I'm Owen!"

"Now you know."

"I'm going to call it a night, bye," I waved to Lizzie and Pearl. Once I got to the dormitory, I let Elle out of her cage and played with her.