𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐

AS THE THREE ELEGANT WOMEN entered the grand Georgian Villa, they were instantly greeted by the bustling Bridgerton family. "Oh, Celine! It is so lovely to see you after all these years." Violet Bridgerton, a beautiful older woman adorned in the wonderful blue color, was the first to approach them.

        "Oh Violet, my dear, how I have missed you." Celine let out an excited sigh as the two shared an embrace. "And look at all of your beautiful children. I remember the time when all you had were the ABC boys, and now you are a grandmother!"

         "Yes, yes. Eloise sadly is not to join us as she is out with Miss Penelope Featherington. As well as Colin, he is still away on his travels." She explained as she let out a small sigh, gazing at six of her children before turning back. "Look at your beautiful daughters, it seems they've only gotten more gorgeous since I have seen them last."

       "You truly flatter us, my lady." Nadia smiled as she was embraced by the Viscountess.

       "I must give credit where credit is due." She chuckled before turning her focus to the quiet Adila who was simply gazing at the beautiful interior. "And you, darling? Still the beautiful trouble maker I recall?"

       "I'm afraid I have no idea what you speak of, my lady." Adila turned to her with a cheeky smile before she was pulled into a tight hug.

       "Please do not take her word. She causes more trouble than the twins." Celine huffed as the two older women interlocked arms and were led into the garden by the maids.

      As they left, the chestnut haired girl approached the girls with a bright smile. "Oh it has been far too long since I have seen you two." Daphne sighed as she pulled the two into tight hugs.

      "You saw me prior to your trip to London." Adila chuckled as she pulled away just to be embraced by Hyacinth. "Nice to see you again, darling."

       "Please allow me to show you my piano skills! Gregory claims he plays better than me, but that is simply a load of-"

      "I think that is enough, Hyacinth." As he strolled behind his younger sister, a man with gentler features, strikingly resembling Anthony, couldn't help but let out a chuckle. "Lovely to meet you, Lady Bellerose."

     Giving him a polite bow, she smiled up at him, hearing the sound of Daphne and Nadia's heels as they walked away. "The pleasure truly is mine, my lord."

     "Please, Benedict is fine." He smiled back. "Has she been chatting away to you non-stop?"

     "Not at all. Word of those piano skills has already reached me all the way in France so I fear now you have no choice but to play me something." Adila said, giving the girl a raise of eyebrows that made her face light up.

     "Okay! You will judge between Gregory and I." Hyacinth exclaimed as she grabbed her hand and began dragging her up the steps.

⊱⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊰

       Letting out a deep sigh, Adila was eternally grateful for the maid that had come and retrieved the two youngest Bridgerton children. Rising from the comfortable baby blue armchair, she smoothed out her calm yellow dress and gracefully exited the piano room. As she glanced around the grand, sprawling corridors, uncertainty washed over her, leaving her momentarily frozen. However, her attention was soon captured by a slightly ajar white wooden door, almost beckoning her to explore what lay beyond.

     As she gently pushed the door open, her curiosity peaked. Her eyes widened in sheer surprise as she took in the sight of the magnificent wooden shelves, adorned with an abundance of books tightly packed together. With anticipation, she stepped into the dimly lit room, feeling a surge of excitement. However, her enchantment was interrupted when she was abruptly pulled out of her trance.