𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒

"MOTHER, THEY ARE HERE!" Adila couldn't help but squeal as she practically raced down the long steps of the Bellerose estate. She paused at the bottom, surveying the floor only for her eyes to widen when she saw her mother, as well as Nadia already greeting the two youngest Bellerose kids.

      "Adila!" The girl in teal jumped up excitedly before running over to her big sister. "Oh, I have missed you dearly." She sighed, her eyes falling shut as she was tightly embraced by the taller girl.

      "I am so delighted that you were able to join us." Adila smiled, pressing a kiss onto Inaya's forehead before looking up to glance at her brother. "Aaron, I implore you not to be bashful."

      Rolling his eyes affectionately, he attempted to walk over the two slowly, but his excitement had exceeded him and he wasted no time in shoving Inaya away. "All this time apart, you must surely be married by now." He grinned, allowing himself to be enveloped in his embrace.

      "It has been merely a week without me and it seems you are already eager to get rid of me." She scoffed, pushing him away with a shake of her head.

      "Now now, my dearest siblings." Nadia clapped her hands, staring at the scene in front of her with a smile. "If we want Adila to finally get married, then we mustn't dally any longer. The ball awaits us!"

    ⊱⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊰

    Carefully maneuvering their way through the grand palace ballroom, the Bellerose family made their way to the Queen. With the utmost grace, they lined up in front of her and all bowed. "I do hope you are finding everything in town to your satisfaction, Lady Celine."

    "Indeed we are, Your Majesty." Celine flashed a warm smile at her, giving a subtle nod of understanding before shifting her attention to her youngest children .  "Inaya and Aaron have just joined us today and I am already worried how they will fare when the time comes for them to bid London farewell."

    "It is a privilege to be welcomed, your majesty." When the Queen intensively looked at them, Inaya represented both of them as she gracefully curtsied, her brother following with a respectful bow.

    "Your extended courtesy truly enhances our stay to absolute perfection." Aaron spoke confidently as he rose to his full height, clasping his hands behind his back.

    The queen's eyes widened in surprise as she gazed at the two before her, shifting her attention back to the woman who had a gentle smile adorning her face.  "I certainly hope I get to see their seasons."

    "It would simply be an honor to return under such wonderful circumstances." Adila gave the women with an air of superiority around her, a small smile.

    "I daresay, I expect nothing less than a season as triumphant as that of your esteemed mother and sister." She tilted her head, carefully analyzing the girl's face. "Perhaps good fortune might run in the family."

    "Rest assured, I shall put in the utmost work to exceed your expectations, your majesty." The entire family curtsied in unison once again, the children gracefully retreating as their mother engaged in conversation with her majesty.

    With a shared glance filled with anticipation, they hurriedly made their way towards the refreshments table, their expressions transforming into wide smiles of delight.  "Adila, you were simply so graceful and charming." Nadia said, holding her soft hands with her own. "And you two! Who taught you how to be so delightful?"

    "We simply learned from the best." Aaron shrugged, too preoccupied with the delicacies put out on the table to notice the girls whispering about him a fair distance away.