𝐢𝐱. lorelei jackson's self issues.

( trigger warning — eating disorder talked about )

  𝐑𝐎𝐑𝐘 felt the need to throw up.

  After having an inner argument with herself in her head while following Percy inside Medusa's house, the sight of food wasn't something that eased Rory's emotions that were all piling up inside her.

  Rory just stood there, not even bothering to sit down in fear that if she did, her stomach acid would rise up to her throat.

  Soon Clarisse and Annabeth came in walking through the door, a scowl on both of their faces.

  The ringing in Rory's ears droned out the conversation Percy and Grover had, even ignoring the things Annabeth was saying, only looking at her and seeing her mouth moving; no words flowing out.

  "You're concerned I would hold a grudge against you simply because you are a daughter of Athena?" Medusa's voice was heard through the ringing, her voice slightly angelic and soothing.

  "You shouldn't be. We're not our parents after all." Medusa said, Rory snapping out of her daze and looking down to her feet.

  "And you and I might have more in common than you think." Medusa said, pouring some lemonade into a cup. "Please, sit and eat."

  Percy and Grover went to sit down, Annabeth shaking her hand and rolling her eyes, Rory stuck in her place as Clarisse looked at her worriedly while trying to hide it with an annoyed look.

  "So you're not a monster, what are you then?" Percy asked, getting some food onto his plate as he avoided eye contact with Medusa. He couldn't help but also send a worry glance towards his sister, being the only one in the room to know what was wrong.

  "A survivor." Medusa answered, Rory slightly looking up at Medusa. Rory's always felt sympathy towards the cursed monster, Medusa's story being the story that haunted her dreams the most when she was younger. But even knowing her story, she didn't trust her, simply felt bad for her.

  "You must be a little more than that. There's a Fury out there that seems terrified of you." Percy questioned, glancing outside.

  "Because she knows what I think of her. I don't like bullies. When one shows up on my doorstep, they end up spending a lot more time there than they planned for." Medusa said, sitting down.

  "The gift the gifs have me is that I cannot be bullied anymore." Medusa said, smiling lightly.

  "What my mother did to you wasn't a gift, it was a curse." Annabeth said, as if it was obvious.

  "You are loyal to your mother." Medusa questioned.

  "Yes." Annabeth answered.

  "You stand by her?" The gorgan asked.