the truth

Flashback
The man paced back and forth in the corridor, visibly tense. Suddenly, cries of newborns echoed through the air. The door opened, and he hurried inside.

"What happened? How are they?" he asked.

"They're fine, my lord. Congratulations, they're twin boys," the attendant replied.

He embraced his children, then went to his beloved wife.

"My dear, are you alright?"

"I'm fine. Look, our love has been crowned with the most beautiful gift," she said.

"Of course, my love. You must rest."
End Flash back
Years passed, and the twins grew old enough to govern the kingdom. However, with their growth came increased greed and strife. After the assassination of the king and the queen, the conflict between the brothers for the throne intensified. The kingdom split into two factions, separated by a wall that divided the palace. From that day on, no one crossed to the other side.

Each established their own families, and the cycle of rulership continued. But when everything seemed to go smoothly in the northern side, a coup was orchestrated in the western side. An attempt was made on King Nolan and Queen Elara's lives, along with Princess Ophelia and Prince Daniel. They managed to escape to the human world.

However, their hiding place was eventually discovered, and another attempt was made on their lives. To protect the princes and deceive their pursuers, they were left behind.

Years later, "I was fifteen," murmured Ophelia.

"Yes, and you were six," Maria replied, reminiscing about their time in the kingdom.

"If what you're saying is true, why don't I remember anything?" Ophelia asked.

"Because your memories were sealed," the grandmother spoke up.

"How?"

"It means a memory barrier was built around your mind."

"Of course, when you want to get rid of something, you build walls," Ophelia said, understanding.

"Mom, do you want to say something to me too?" Emma asked.

Ophelia sighed and said, "We are the protective shields."

"Shields of what, Mom?"

"It means our family's role is to protect the royal family. And we," Ophelia hesitated, then continued, "we are not without family. For example, the woman who welcomed us is like a mother to us, and you have uncles and cousins."

"What about Dad? Is he alive?" Daniel asked.

A wave of deep sadness and pain overcame Ophelia as she recalled her beloved's death. "He was killed during the attempt on the king and queen's lives."

Emma's tears began to flow. "I really don't understand how you could hide something like this from us."

"For your safety, my dear," her mother replied.

"You said earlier that my father was alive. How do you know?" Ophelia asked.

"There's a connection between us and our rulers. We can feel them."

"You can do that too," the old woman said.

"How?" When you were transported to the human world, your powers were sealed. When the seal is removed, you will regain your powers and feel them again."

"Why? This time it was Daniel's voice. "Why did you bring us here after all these years?"

Ophelia was about to say something, but her mother interrupted, "You need to rest. The transition here will drain your energy. Tomorrow we'll explain everything."

Emma and Daniel looked at Ophelia, who nodded and then guided them to their rooms.

After a few moments, they all gathered in Ophelia's room after she made the twins fall asleep.

The room was beautiful and simple in its design. The walls were painted in a subtle pink, adding a sense of calmness and comfort. On the main wall, there was a vibrant art piece, bringing life to the space. The floor was covered with a soft beige carpet, creating a feeling of warmth and coziness. In one corner of the room, there was a small bed adorned with a crisp white bedspread, accompanied by a set of colorful pillows in pink and white. Next to the bed, a small side table held an elegant lamp with a light pink shade and an open book on its pages. On the other side of the room, there was a simple white wooden wardrobe, with a round mirror on top. Some open shelves contained a collection of small books and cute decorations like small plants and picture frames. A large window allowed natural sunlight to enter, adorned with sheer white curtains, adding a touch of softness and fluidity to the space. Next to the window, there was a comfortable light pink chair, perfect for sitting and reading or contemplating outside.

Ophelia was sitting on the bed with Emma, and Daniel leaned against the wardrobe.

"I don't understand anything that's happening," Emma said.

"Neither do I," Daniel added.

Ophelia sighed for the thousandth time that day.

"Sister," Ophelia snapped out of her reverie after Daniel called her.

"Yes?" she replied.

"What are you thinking?" he asked.

"I don't know, don't ask me. I need to sort out my thoughts first and accept the shocks we discovered today. You should all go to sleep. Tomorrow we'll see what else will shock us, then we'll decide," she responded.

"You know I'll be by your side no matter what you ask or decide," Daniel assured.

She smiled and opened her arms, "Come here."

She said, "Sister, you know I'm eighteen years old, don't you?"

Ophelia replied, "Daniel Royal, if you don't come here right now..."

"Okay, okay," he said, then hugged her.

"I hate it when you do this," he said.

"Do what?" she asked.

"Exploit your power as the older sister," he said.

Emma joined in, "I also need a hug, you traitors," and they laughed, which helped lighten the tense atmosphere surrounding them.
___________
When a person finds themselves lost in a whirlpool of doubts and questions about their life and its meaning, they begin to explore new realms of self and surroundings. They open new doors of understanding and learning, discovering remarkable truths about themselves and the world around them. This journey is interspersed with moments of confusion and hesitation, as the individual wonders whether to continue on this path or revert to what they were. They grapple with internal contradictions between the desire to continue exploring and the desire for stability and security. They struggle to find the balance between the courage to explore the unknown and the comfort of stability. This is exactly what Ophelia felt and thought after the sun closed its curtains and gave way to the moon's appearance, captivating the scene with its beauty. Everyone else was asleep, of course, except for our protagonist, who began her endless thought processes as she sat in the garden. Then suddenly, she heard the sound of branches breaking behind her and turned slowly. "Who are you?"
she said, catching sight of a tall figure wearing a black cloak that revealed nothing.
"At last, Your Majesty has appeared," he said in a deep, steady voice.