Episode 6 ✨

AUTHOR POV

Muskan woke up to the sound of her alarm ringing loudly. She quickly reached over to silence it, stretching her hand and slowly opening her eyes. The sight that greeted her made her heart flutter—there, beside her, was Ibrahim, sleeping peacefully with his arms securely wrapped around her. Their faces were so close that she could feel his warm breath against her skin. The morning sunlight filtered through the curtains, casting a soft glow around them.

A wide smile spread across her face, and a blush crept up her cheeks as she took in the sight of him so near. She glanced around the room, realizing they were already in their bedroom. He must have woken up and brought her here after she had fallen asleep downstairs.

Her hands moved gently towards his face, her fingers tracing the contours of his features. She marveled at the softness of his skin, the slight furrow of his brows, and the way his lips formed a cute pout even in sleep. A chuckle escaped her lips as she continued to observe him.

"He is such a baby, so unique, so different, totally ethereal," she whispered softly. Her index finger gently poked his cheek, feeling its softness. She then traced the tip of his nose, whispering, "Cute," with a smile.

Suddenly, Ibrahim's arms tightened around her, pulling her even closer. Muskan gasped, her hands instinctively pressing against his chest. She stared at his face, his eyes still closed, but his hold on her firm and protective. Her heart raced as she caressed his cheek softly, her fingers brushing over his stubble.

Muskan chuckled softly as she tried to remove Ibrahim's arms, which were tightly wrapped around her. She carefully extricated herself and got up, walking around to his side of the bed. Leaning down, she began to shake his shoulder gently.

"Ibu, wake up. We have to pray Salah," she said softly, her voice laced with affection. But Ibrahim only groaned in response, burying his face deeper into the pillow.

"Ibrahim, wake up, please. You’ll be late," she insisted, shaking him a bit more firmly.

Slowly, Ibrahim opened his eyes, staring at her with a cute pout on his lips and sleepy eyes. The sight made Muskan's heart melt. She reached out and ruffled his hair affectionately.

"Come on, sleepyhead," she said with a smile. "It's time for Fajr."

Ibrahim sighed but couldn't help but smile back at her. Her gentle persistence and the warmth in her eyes made it impossible to stay grumpy. He sat up slowly, stretching his arms above his head before finally swinging his legs over the side of the bed.

"Alright, alright," he mumbled, his voice still heavy with sleep. "I'm up my lady."

Muskan watched him fondly as he rubbed his eyes and stood up, heading towards the washroom to perform his ablution. She admired his dedication to his faith, knowing that despite his initial reluctance, he would never miss a prayer.

Muskan went to the other washroom to perform her ablution. When she returned to their room, she saw that Ibrahim was already awake, standing near the bed. He glanced at her with a warm smile before stepping in front of her.

"I'll go and do Salah at the mosque, hmm?" he said softly.

Muskan nodded her head, a gentle smile on her lips. "Okay, Ibu. Take care and come back soon."

Ibrahim leaned in, pressing a tender kiss to her forehead. "I will. You make sure to rest a bit more after you pray."

Muskan chuckled softly. "I will. Don't worry about me."